• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

*Huahwi's Opinion On Chest Update*

What do you guys think about my opinion?

• Agree

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Partially Agree

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
I believe that the chest update makes "Good Players" have a harder time to win the game and it also encourages teaming! Which in my opinion is great!

For example, with the current chests, most experienced players have chest routes that will get you stacked within 2-minutes. Then I go and kill everyone, get their loot, 10-flint and steels, 64-arrows, 5-golden apples, unlimited food... and yeah... you get the point. As of right now MCSG is more of a P.V.P-STYLE game rather than a SURVIVAL-STYLE game.

QUICK BREAK-DOWN FOR ITEMS IN THE CHESTS...
CLOCK - NO.
IT'S USELESS. GET THIS GARBAGE OUTTA HERE.
COMPASS - NO. I would say take it out but... Okay you know what. It might help for players who don't study the maps and want to go back to spawn.
MAP - NO. IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK. AND EVEN IF IT DOES, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. Learn your maps or just get DirectionHUD mod to help guide you on your travels!
TNT - YES. Great item that will allow you to escape from teams!
LESS ARROWS - YES. EVERY SHOT COUNTS NOW.
STRING - NO. No one is going to make a fishing rod or a bow which requires 3 valuable sticks + string to make... when you can find these 2 items in a chest. The other item you can make with string is a Wool Block... which is USELESS.
ROTTEN FLESH - NO. It's a freaking troll food that will make you more hungry than you already are. But hey, you gotta eat what you have to survive.
WHEAT - NO. No one has time to craft a freaking bread.
BONE - NO. USELESS. REPLACE IT WITH SOME BETTER FOOD LIKE CARROTS <3
CRAFTING TABLES - MAYBE. Once you place it down, it stays there the whole game. It is kind-of useful if you don't know where the crafting tables are in the map and if you don't want to travel back to spawn to craft. I'm "diggin" it.
SHEERS - NO. They aren't necessary in survival...

This chest update does in fact boosts the survival aspect of the game and balances the chests... but it has flaws. I don't think removing chests from some maps was a good idea since the chests now have less items in them now. Add back some food such as carrots and golden carrots(I haven't found a golden carrot yet, maybe it's already implemented in the chest update beta). Remove clocks, compasses, maps that don't work... string, wheat, rotten flesh -_-. Definitely add golden apples back... Tier 2 or 3. Golden Apples is a game-changing item that isn't really overpowered and it also adds more tactics in the game. In Tier 3 chests, I believe it should sometimes have a diamond helmet OR boots. It's doesn't add that much armor... and it will also signifies who got a tier 3 in the game. There always that one guy with good items and some of us who have barely anything... which encourages in-game teaming and "trucing"! I've experienced this quite a few times and teamed with others. #TeamLEATHER.

This is kind-of off-topic but it does have some connection to this chest-update. Since this update encourages more of in-game teaming... Why not implement something like color coded names for people in the same district as you! Districts are there in the game, but it is pointless because no one follows it and most don't even know how to find out what district they're in. It makes the game that much more fun! Interactions FTW!;)

*From playing about 20-games of this new chest-update... I find myself running and trying to survive more than chasing others and pwning noobs with my stacked items.*:eek:

**Please give me some feedback on whether you agree, disagree, or partially-agree on my opinion**

P.S. - There is no TL;DR. READ THE WHOLE THING!

Last edited:

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the clocks and all those useless tier 2 items because nostalgia :p
Nostalgia is a nice feeling... (Chest-Update Beta)
But the future is where it's at! (Chest-Update For Realz)

agentkiller158

District 13
Reaction score
CLOCK - NO. IT'S USELESS. GET THIS GARBAGE OUTTA HERE.
COMPASS - NO. I would say take it out but... Okay you know what. It might help for players who don't study the maps and want to go back to spawn.
But it's for the bling. And how about shears?

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So basically ignoring what the majority of the community wants. And here's a picture to prove my point:
i think MCSG is trying to lose more than half the playerbase if they push the update out to all servers that would probably be the end of MCSG

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i think MCSG is trying to lose more than half the playerbase if they push the update out to all servers that would probably be the end of MCSG
MCSG's current situation which I'm not too fond of as it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci