• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Survive the First 5 Minutes of the Survival Games

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
How to Survive the First 5 Minutes of the Survival Games:

In the Survival Games the majority of the time I loose is in the first five minutes of the match. This can be frustrating for I’m dying even before I grasp a chance; sometimes even before I get a weapon! Whether it is records or points it is disappointing all around.

However, surviving the first five minutes can be as much luck as it is skill. Therefore, one must battle the chances with supported, strong decision-making.
To corn or to not to corn?

This is a nettlesome decision for lots of people. It does indeed have as much disadvantages as does it holds pros. The mere thought of 8 tier 2 chests seems tempting. On the other hand, getting a headstart on your chest route is crucial. So unfolds the question, “to corn or to not to corn?” In this particular article, I’m not going to dictate straight tips. I’m going to make it so it’s your choice based on what you read here. Every game is different. The win is in the decision-making.

How fast can you shift-click?
This should affect your choice to go to corn or not. While tier 2s seem tempting, when the majority of the players are going to corn for those precious tier 2 items, they are easily stripped from the chests.

Is your chest route popular? Is it worth it to skip corn?
For some, this can be the dealbreaker. In the survival games, having a good route is crucial, and typically these “good routes” are filled with players. Then the question becomes: is it worth it to skip corn? If your route has a lot of tier 2s, skip corn and go straight to reliable chests where you can get everything inside them.

Wants or Needs?

Iron armor, diamonds, cooked food, golden apples and cake--seems like a slice of heaven? No. A common mistake in the survival games is heading straight for heaven: tier 2s. However, going to heaven is deadly for a number of reasons.

Lack of Weaponry
First of all, does heaven have weaponry? Yes, but the likelihood of getting a stone sword is 1/6. Remember how I said earlier that surviving the first five minutes can be as much chance as skill? Yes? Now tell me what you want: luck or skill? Stop grabbing a lottery ticket and find tier 1s.

Who doesn’t want tier 2?
Iron armor, diamonds, cooked food, golden apples and cake--who would say no to that? You want to. If your first chests are tier 1, you have higher chances of getting weaponry. While people may have gotten the tier 2s by that point you probably already have a weapon in that hotbar. Now tell me something: you want to be the predator or the prey?

Furthermore, because everyone wants tier 2s, their locations turn into a fist-fighting fests, and a pub for people. This is a core reason why people die in the first 5 minutes.

Get an Extra Eye!

Surprize attacks are one of the most common ways to die. You may be organizing your inventory, equipping items or raiding a chest--but all it all ends the same. You notice your hearts going down, you try to run, and a second later red flashes across the screen with the dreaded words “You Died”. In the early came stage however, surprize attacks are most often used. Think about it! This is when players are getting chests, organizing and when most of the killing is happening! Furthermore, with many popular routes the chances increase. An extra eye is the way to avoid that hated “death screen”. However, where to get the eye?

Know when you're vulnerable.
The first step to avoiding being surprised is knowing when you can be surprised. Whenever organizing, equipping items or raiding a chest, know how valuable you are. If you are in a hotspot, while raiding, organizing and equipping quickly press ‘E’ to check if anyone is around. Due this once or twice in the middle of your current process.

Positioning!
While the inventory does indeed obstructs the view, you can still see in your peripheral vision. Use this special, unrecognized ability by positioning yourself in such a way you can see more helpful information. Alternative to pressing ‘E’ in the middle of the road, go to a corner and press ‘E’ so that you can view what’s around you. This is hard to explain but you can see it in use during Blamph’s youtube videos. (if you want to see them, click “Blamph”). This really gives you the extra eye. (BLAMPH EYE PUN!) :D Not to mention that this little tweak surprizes the one's supposedly trying to surprize you.

These little fixes go a long way. Hope they helped!

Also check out my other articles here:

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I have won at least 50% of my games in breeze since v2, and my chest route consists of 1 tier 1 chest. I would say that going for "heaven" works for me.

edit: should the one section be titled know you're vulnerable?

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I have won at least 50% of my games in breeze since v2, and my chest route consists of 1 tier 1 chest. I would say that going for "heaven" works for me.

edit: should the one section be titled know you're vulnerable?
I'm not saying going to "heaven" is not worth it, I'm saying that don't go to "heaven" chests first.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
How to Survive the First 5 Minutes of the Survival Games:

In the Survival Games the majority of the time I loose is in the first five minutes of the match. This can be frustrating for I’m dying even before I grasp a chance; sometimes even before I get a weapon! Whether it is records or points it is disappointing all around.

However, surviving the first five minutes can be as much luck as it is skill. Therefore, one must battle the chances with supported, strong decision-making.
To corn or to not to corn?

This is a nettlesome decision for lots of people. It does indeed have as much disadvantages as does it holds pros. The mere thought of 8 tier 2 chests seems tempting. On the other hand, getting a headstart on your chest route is crucial. So unfolds the question, “to corn or to not to corn?” In this particular article, I’m not going to dictate straight tips. I’m going to make it so it’s your choice based on what you read here. Every game is different. The win is in the decision-making.

How fast can you shift-click?
This should affect your choice to go to corn or not. While tier 2s seem tempting, when the majority of the players are going to corn for those precious tier 2 items, they are easily stripped from the chests.

Is your chest route popular? Is it worth it to skip corn?
For some, this can be the dealbreaker. In the survival games, having a good route is crucial, and typically these “good routes” are filled with players. Then the question becomes: is it worth it to skip corn? If your route has a lot of tier 2s, skip corn and go straight to reliable chests where you can get everything inside them.

Wants or Needs?

Iron armor, diamonds, cooked food, golden apples and cake--seems like a slice of heaven? No. A common mistake in the survival games is heading straight for heaven: tier 2s. However, going to heaven is deadly for a number of reasons.

Lack of Weaponry
First of all, does heaven have weaponry? Yes, but the likelihood of getting a stone sword is 1/6. Remember how I said earlier that surviving the first five minutes can be as much chance as skill? Yes? Now tell me what you want: luck or skill? Stop grabbing a lottery ticket and find tier 1s.

Who doesn’t want tier 2?
Iron armor, diamonds, cooked food, golden apples and cake--who would say no to that? You want to. If your first chests are tier 1, you have higher chances of getting weaponry. While people may have gotten the tier 2s by that point you probably already have a weapon in that hotbar. Now tell me something: you want to be the predator or the prey?

Furthermore, because everyone wants tier 2s, their locations turn into a fist-fighting fests, and a pub for people. This is a core reason why people die in the first 5 minutes.

Get an Extra Eye!

Surprize attacks are one of the most common ways to die. You may be organizing your inventory, equipping items or raiding a chest--but all it all ends the same. You notice your hearts going down, you try to run, and a second later red flashes across the screen with the dreaded words “You Died”. In the early came stage however, surprize attacks are most often used. Think about it! This is when players are getting chests, organizing and when most of the killing is happening! Furthermore, with many popular routes the chances increase. An extra eye is the way to avoid that hated “death screen”. However, where to get the eye?

Know when your valuable.
The first step to avoiding being surprised is knowing when you can be surprised. Whenever organizing, equipping items or raiding a chest, know how valuable you are. If you are in a hotspot, while raiding, organizing and equipping quickly press ‘E’ to check if anyone is around. Due this once or twice in the middle of your current process.

Positioning!
While the inventory does indeed obstructs the view, you can still see in your peripheral vision. Use this special, unrecognized ability by positioning yourself in such a way you can see more helpful information. Alternative to pressing ‘E’ in the middle of the road, go to a corner and press ‘E’ so that you can view what’s around you. This is hard to explain but you can see it in use during Blamph’s youtube videos. (if you want to see them, click “Blamph”). This really gives you the extra eye. (BLAMPH EYE PUN!) :D Not to mention that this little tweak surprizes the one's supposedly trying to surprize you.

These little fixes go a long way. Hope they helped!

Also check out my other articles here:
You are one smart cookie.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love this "Getting a weapon and going to hotspots and slaying everyone" thingy :) *cough* SG1 Boat *cough*

deadkillz

Experienced
Reaction score
i just go for corn and hope for the best and i have never got killed at corn at the start since v2

because i get out of there quick even if i get a stone sword from the chest

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
This is quite an amazing tips thread (It really should be pinned), the only thing i would add is a way to use F5 effectivly (unless I missed it) because I always find that people arent watching their backs which leads to their downfall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci