• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to start Combos/Strafes?

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
What a lot of people don't know is that jumping can (to crit) can be detrimental when going for a combo. Not only does it prevent you from strafing (as you are airborne), it also allows you to get knocked back much further/easier.

I recommend staying on the ground and strafing (obviously rod if you can). Once you have knocked them back once/twice that's when you should jump in for the crit on the third/fourth hit. c:

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
After playing SG and still miserably failing, I hoped on battlegrounds to practice (in SG i get 5 fps while fighting, I ain't going back to crummy settings yo) and found that walking, shifting, and even standing still, if used in sparing and at the right time while swording, will easily through the opponent off.

Jorrdan

Survivor
Reaction score
Well considering they brought 1.7 back. It's easier. I get my combos by mixing blockhits and normal hits together with a bit of fishing rod when I need it. When strafing you need to learn to time the first hit right. Practice on battlegrounds or badlion. Hope this helps!

koopr

Platinum
Reaction score
Sword pvp is easy.. just give them the left strafe..

Lol but in all seriousness, don't ever jump. And make sure every hit is with a rod combo.
like you'd know pvp at any cost lol.

im kidding bb, only jump after a few hits :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci