• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Solve the MCGamer Leadership Crisis

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Mooclan said:
Although, I do know of a 70-man handpicked staff team that I'm in the process of refining even further. That could be fun.
Mooclan Wait yea what is this about... I wanna be apart :cry: :crying:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
"Mooclan" is my Instagram handle, goof. :p

I'll PM ya the website.

*note to any staff who see this: he asked, and this is the easiest explanation that I can give him. this does not count as advertising.
Just requested to follow you. Lemme follow plz i beg
*note to any staff who see this: he asked, and this is the easiest explanation that I can give him. this does not count as advertising
Good caution! We don't wanna get blacklisted from here now do we?? : ))))

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
There's no guarantee that, even if I were to be offered some form of official role, I would accept. I won't try and hide anything - There'd need to additional "incentives" to make such a monumental task worth my time, and I don't think those are very likely to be given, at least for me.

When I was a staff member, I was 15-17 years old. I didn't particularly need money (not to say I didin't want more money...darn you steam sales) and I had less things in general to worry about.

Back then, the return for me was being able to stand out positively in a community that I cared very much about. Money was not the reward, nor was it really a factor. Again, I did it because I cared. Why else would I take calls at 5 A.M for emergency meetings, or sacrifice my personal playtime to deal with staff matters. Remember, I was a highly competitive player back then - I had a goal to keep my stats up to par with the other great players. That was extremely hard to balance when I'd have to forfeit my current game to assist a player in need of help or drop the banhammer on a rule-breaker.

Some may see this post as getting ahead of myself, in that I think I'd easily "secure" a spot, however powerful it may be, in a new assortment of administrative-type staff. I understand, but really it's just to explain any amount of uncertainty I have when giving my personal thoughts on the issues that matter most. I'm more likely to be confident in my plans and visions for the community/server if I were to personally see them put into effect.

On a side note: Although Chad hasn't logged on since the beginning of April, I'm relatively sure that he's seen the bulk of this thread. He doesn't have to log into his main forum account to be aware of big community happenings.

Last edited:

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
There's no guarantee that, even if I were to be offered some form of official role, I would accept.

When I was a staff member, I was 15-17 years old. I didn't particularly need money (not to say I didin't want more money...darn you steam sales) and I had less things in general to worry about.

Back then, the return for me was being able to stand out positively in a community that I cared very much about. Money was not the reward, nor was it really a factor. Again, I did it because I cared. Why else would I take calls at 5 A.M for emergency meetings, or sacrifice my personal playtime to deal with staff matters. Remember, I was a highly competitive player back then - I had a goal to keep my stats up to par with the other great players. That was extremely hard to balance when I'd have to forfeit my current game to assist a player in need of help or drop the banhammer on a rule-breaker.

Some may see this post as getting ahead of myself, in that I think I'd easily "secure" a spot, however powerful it may be, in a new assortment of administrative-type staff. I understand, but really it's just to explain any amount of uncertainty I have when giving my personal thoughts on the issues that matter most. I'm more likely to be confident in my plans and visions for the community/server if I were to personally see them put into effect.
I sort of mentioned this in my post above. A lot of people who the community would accept as someone in the forefront, such as you and Col, don't really have an interest anymore. The legendary players and staff members from 2012-early 2014 no longer have any interest. That's why Col_StaR said that for this to work, someone new needs to step in. Not 'new' as in a new leader, but as in 'new' to the administration and even community as well. "Fresh blood" I believe was the term he used.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
On a side note: Although Chad hasn't logged on since the beginning of April, I'm relatively sure that he's seen the bulk of this thread. He doesn't have to log into his main forum account to be aware of big community happenings.
I have no doubt that this is true. People seem to think that Chad does not log into the forums whatsoever - I highly doubt that. Alternative accounts are indeed a thing, and I haven't the faintest doubt in my mind that Chad utilizes this method of "keeping up to date" with things while still maintaining anonymity.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Can I just say something here? People are rapidly suggesting someone coming in and taking over a leadership role, suggesting col, sixzo, even Dave's name is being pitched, but you don't seem to realize two things. Firstly, if it were somewhat an option and there were someone for the job, it's be done already. Secondly, are you not recognizing the fact that in such a vulnerable position mcsg is, it's way more than likely that someone is in the process of creating an alternative network that can compete with mcsg? With mcsg being quite apparently broken beyond repair and there being 0 competition, it's incredibly logical that competition is in the works, very soon as a matter of fact. Look around, I myself can personally say that you'll likely see new options arise in the coming weeks. Think about it that way.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Can I just say something here? People are rapidly suggesting someone coming in and taking over a leadership role, suggesting col, sixzo, even Dave's name is being pitched, but you don't seem to realize two things. Firstly, if it were somewhat an option and there were someone for the job, it's be done already. Secondly, are you not recognizing the fact that in such a vulnerable position mcsg is, it's way more than likely that someone is in the process of creating an alternative network that can compete with mcsg? With mcsg being quite apparently broken beyond repair and there being 0 competition, it's incredibly logical that competition is in the works, very soon as a matter of fact. Look around, I myself can personally say that you'll likely see new options arise in the coming weeks. Think about it that way.
The new networks already popped up months ago. MCGamer is being absolutely annihilated in terms of competition. It is rarely updated and has nothing to offer compared to other networks. MCGamer used to consistently be in the top 5 networks in terms of player count, now it has dropped down to the top 15. MCGamer used to be neck and neck with HiveMC, but Hive has soared ahead and has 8x as much players. Some networks have more players on their own versions of SG than MCGamer has in total.

MCGamer isn't even in the competition anymore.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
The new networks already popped up months ago. MCGamer is being absolutely annihilated in terms of competition. It is rarely updated and has nothing to offer compared to other networks. MCGamer used to consistently be in the top 5 networks in terms of player count, now it has dropped down to the top 15. MCGamer used to be neck and neck with HiveMC, but Hive has soared ahead and has 8x as much players. Some networks have more players on their own versions of SG than MCGamer has in total.

MCGamer isn't even in the competition anymore.
They'll lose what little they have left soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci