• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to increase Minecraft FPS?

What's your average Minecraft fps?

• Total voters

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Wut. No. Lies.

Anyways, I get the same problem, of connection :/
Same thing here... when I got my computer, I didn't think of an internet solution, so I had to buy one of those wireless N cards...

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
2008 HP laptop, my FPS is either pretty good or pretty terrible. I can be getting 50 fps and out of nowhere 10, especially when there's an extreme change in the amount of detail loaded in the chunks *cough*map 4 fire house*cough* But that's what you get when you have no money for a good computer. :p

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Eww, I installed an nVidia graphics driver, but when updated it screwed up my computer and burnt up some of the parts .-.
I apologize, but I have just lost some respect from you. Nvidia > AMD
And for that matter, Intel > AMD

But more on topic, most of the above solutions will improve FPS.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I apologize, but I have just lost some respect from you. Nvidia > AMD
And for that matter, Intel > AMD

But more on topic, most of the above solutions will improve FPS.
Have you, used all those mentioned? I wasn't saying it was better, I was just saying that in my case it didn't work. I'd love to upgrade to nVidia, it is better.

They're all manufactured pretty much the same in the long run, AMD isn't as great as an intel i7 say, but if you want to match an i5 you can get about the same hundreds of dollars cheaper AMD.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Don't allocate moar ram ;P
Why not? This can sometimes be helpful. Here's how you know you need more RAM:

1) Do F3 to view all dem flashy numbers.
2) Not in the top left, but the top right is where you should look, and you'll see a little something like "Allocated memory: #% (#MB out of #MB)". If you see the percentage at 100% and your FPS is crap, then you know it's a memory problem, and you should go watch a video tutorial specific to your computer platform to learn how you can allocate more RAM and fix the lag. :)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why not? This can sometimes be helpful. Here's how you know you need more RAM:

1) Do F3 to view all dem flashy numbers.
2) Not in the top left, but the top right is where you should look, and you'll see a little something like "Allocated memory: #% (#MB out of #MB)". If you see the percentage at 100% and your FPS is crap, then you know it's a memory problem, and you should go watch a video tutorial specific to your computer platform to learn how you can allocate more RAM and fix the lag. :)
Minecraft will use more RAM when necessary, devoting RAM to Minecraft just limits any backup RAM you may need for other programs and your computer.

Minecraft actually isn't that RAM hungry, a better processor and drivers would help it run more smoothly.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Minecraft will use more RAM when necessary, devoting RAM to Minecraft just limits any backup RAM you may need for other programs and your computer.

Minecraft actually isn't that RAM hungry, a better processor and drivers would help it run more smoothly.
Well, this helped me at least back when I would still get smooth FPS, but then freeze everytime I looked to the side.

L

Lululioness

I get 35-50 fps on a MacBookPro full of schoolwork... so I guess that's pretty good :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci