• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to find the correct section to post your thread [A guide to the sub-forums]

Helpful?

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hello!
It's a common confusion-- something we've probably all experienced when trying to post a thread:​
"Which section do I post my thread in?"
or​
"What is this sub-forum for?"
Sometimes it's an obvious choice, or purpose, but sometimes it's not. Misplacing threads isn't too big of a deal because they're easily moved by moderators, but if the different forum sections become more familiarized, we can save that small effort, and be more educated on the forums in general.​
Below is a "Q & A" type format, listing off different thread sections, what threads belong there, and what their purpose is :)
**Firstly, and most importantly, always use the search bar before posting any kind of thread. Search for your thread topic, as well as synonyms for the topic. This is an easy, and quick act, that will clear up unnecessary, repeated thread topics.**
~~~
This forum is strictly for Developers, Administrators, Community Managers, and Chad himself to post updates about the servers, and community.​
The "General Support" forum is for, you guessed it, support.​
-If you need help with anything regarding the servers, post it here, but please check for guides, or already answered threads about your same topic.
The "Ban Disputes" sub-forum is here for players who were banned from the MCSG server network, and believe that ban was unfair.​
-Post a thread here following the given template only if you've been banned, and felt the ban assigned to you was unfair. Don't expect an immediate reply, because the only people allowed to reply to these threads, are Sr. Staff members and higher.
The "Survival Games Discussions" sub-forum is probably the most open-ended sub-forum, next to "Off-topic discussions".​
-Post anything related to the MCSG's game play on the servers themselves, or the forum experiences here.
This sub-forum is for suggestions only.​
-Any suggestions about adding, removing, or editing anything in the Survival Games goes here.
This sub-form is dedicated to applications for MCSG teams.​
-If you've created an MCSG clan or team, be it PVP or building, post your thread for people to apply and view your clan.
Strategies-
View, and post MCSG strategies in this sub-forum.​
-If you have a specific strategy in MCSG, or would like to share something like a chest route, post it here. Do not post threads asking for strategies, simply view what you can find.
View, post, and download MCSG maps here.​
-There are many sub-topics located in this sub-forum, catering to different map qualifications. You may post threads including screenshots and information on maps currently in progress, maps that are finished, or just get help building your map, or view map requirements.
Ah, the "Report Abuse" forum. This forum is specifically for:
-Reports with evidence of players breaking rules. This forum is a strict forum, and nothing besides player reports should be posted here.
If you're not sure how to report a hacker in the "Report Abuse" forum, reference this guide.
These are all the MCSG network's servers for the community members to enjoy, other than the Survival Games.​
-Post any questions, comments, or discussions about each server in it's respected section. Remember, these are not MCSG.
This sub-forum is for Anything Minecraft.​
-Post any discussions regarding minecraft in general here. Try to avoid discussing other servers, as it can come off as advertising, and try to keep the focus on minecraft updates, features, and experiences.
This sub-forum is for any kind of art.​
-If you make any kind of art, and have a shop, or make avatars for free, post a request thread here. There are a few guidelines you should make sure to follow, which can be found here: >>>Click me<<<
This Sub-Forum is for any discussion regarding games other than minecraft.​
-If you play other games, and would like to create a group, go ahead and create a thread, or view and join other groups that already have a thread.
Off-topic discussions-
Anything that doesn't fit in any other section, goes here.
-Have something you'd like to post but it just doesn't fit in any other sub-forum? Post it here! This can be anything from GIF's to YouTube videos, but remember to use the search bar, and keep content appropriate, especially when regarding YouTube videos. Keep in mind we have younger players, and heavy language is never a good idea.
~~~
That's it for now! This took quite a while to make so I certainly hope it helped ;)
If it didn't, feel free to PM me with further questions. I'll be sure to answer them as soon as possible :)

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
That's it for now! This took quite a while to make so I certainly hope it helped ;)
If it didn't, feel free to PM me with further questions. I'll be sure to answer them as soon as possible :)
Great thread for new members of the forums!
Sorry that i dont answer to the whole thread, to big :p

branone

Career
Reaction score
Once again Duck, an amazing guide that will hopefully give members of the community a bit of a idea on where to post their threads.
Marked as 'Guide' :D

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
This thread will help a lot of new and maybe even some active members of the forums. I see many people posting there threads in the wrong section, even I do it sometimes. To summarize this thank you for the post!

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
This thread will help a lot of new and maybe even some active members of the forums. I see many people posting there threads in the wrong section, even I do it sometimes. To summarize this thank you for the post!
Glad to be able to help! :)

Cynik

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello!
It's a common confusion-- something we've probably all experienced when trying to post a thread:​
or​
Sometimes it's an obvious choice, or purpose, but sometimes it's not. Misplacing threads isn't too big of a deal because they're easily moved by moderators, but if the different forum sections become more familiarized, we can save that small effort, and be more educated on the forums in general.​
Below is a "Q & A" type format, listing off different thread sections, what threads belong there, and what their purpose is :)
**Firstly, and most importantly, always use the search bar before posting any kind of thread. Search for your thread topic, as well as synonyms for the topic. This is an easy, and quick act, that will clear up unnecessary, repeated thread topics.**
~~~
This forum is strictly for Developers, Administrators, Community Managers, and Chad himself to post updates about the servers, and community.​
-If you need help with anything regarding the servers, post it here, but please check for guides, or already answered threads about your same topic.
The "Ban Disputes" sub-forum is here for players who were banned from the MCSG server network, and believe that ban was unfair.​
-Post a thread here following the given template only if you've been banned, and felt the ban assigned to you was unfair. Don't expect an immediate reply, because the only people allowed to reply to these threads, are Sr. Staff members and higher.
The "Survival Games Discussions" sub-forum is probably the most open-ended sub-forum, next to "Off-topic discussions".​
-Post anything related to the MCSG's game play on the servers themselves, or the forum experiences here.
-Any suggestions about adding, removing, or editing anything in the Survival Games goes here.
-If you've created an MCSG clan or team, be it PVP or building, post your thread for people to apply and view your clan.
Strategies-
-If you have a specific strategy in MCSG, or would like to share something like a chest route, post it here. Do not post threads asking for strategies, simply view what you can find.
-There are many sub-topics located in this sub-forum, catering to different map qualifications. You may post threads including screenshots and information on maps currently in progress, maps that are finished, or just get help building your map, or view map requirements.
-Reports with evidence of players breaking rules. This forum is a strict forum, and nothing besides player reports should be posted here.
If you're not sure how to report a hacker in the "Report Abuse" forum, reference this guide.
These are all the MCSG network's servers for the community members to enjoy, other than the Survival Games.​
-Post any questions, comments, or discussions about each server in it's respected section. Remember, these are not MCSG.
-Post any discussions regarding minecraft in general here. Try to avoid discussing other servers, as it can come off as advertising, and try to keep the focus on minecraft updates, features, and experiences.
-If you make any kind of art, and have a shop, or make avatars for free, post a request thread here. There are a few guidelines you should make sure to follow, which can be found here: >>>Click me<<<
-If you play other games, and would like to create a group, go ahead and create a thread, or view and join other groups that already have a thread.
Off-topic discussions-
-Have something you'd like to post but it just doesn't fit in any other sub-forum? Post it here! This can be anything from GIF's to YouTube videos, but remember to use the search bar, and keep content appropriate, especially when regarding YouTube videos. Keep in mind we have younger players, and heavy language is never a good idea.
~~~
Hello!
or​
~~~
Strategies-
Off-topic discussions-
~~~
If I accidentally posted two threads in the sponsors lounge that we're supposed to be elsewhere, am I in trubble?

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
If I accidentally posted two threads in the sponsors lounge that we're supposed to be elsewhere, am I in trubble?
No, of course not! Moderators can delete duplicate posts, or move posts if posted in the wrong section. You most certainly will not be in trouble :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci