• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to create an original username

Do you like your IGN?

• Of course!

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No... I'm thinking about changing it.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Meh, I could care less.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello McGamer,​

I have noticed many people are having trouble coming up with unique usernames and I feel like MCSG is starting to lose its originality it was once known for. Before you say "lol the hypocrisy is real", I understand I used to have an unoriginal name (Revenqe) and I have struggled in coming up with a unique IGN in the past myself. I have created a list of DOs and DON'Ts to help the community grow a sense of originality, specifically their username.

DON'Ts
Do not follow trends. This includes:
  • "NoHaxJust..." names
  • "DoYouEven..." names
  • Adding "MC" "HD" "YT"
  • Using unnecessary q's and x's to replace certain letters
  • Using an unnecessary amount of underscores
  • Adding YouTubers in your name (Such as HuahwiSkillz, SolrFlareHD, or BajanCanadian123)
  • OG names, such as "Strafe" or "Fun", can be considered cool, but is a very general username in the end "original"? This can be debatable.
DOs
Set yourself apart from others.
Think about what makes you different from others. It can be a pastime, something you like, or maybe even something you know. These things can be implemented in your username, and if executed correctly you can create a sweet name that people can remember you as, because in the end your username gives yourself a huge first impression.

Think of it yourself.
Don't grab ideas off other people or ask for usernames, come up with it yourself! ;)

RebornAU

Tribute
Reaction score
But what? I don't have that name anymore and it's completely irrelevant now considering I just went over that.
Um... look at your forum name mate, and its not completely "irrelevent" because you just posted a thread on the DO's and Dont's on creating a username and one of your Dont's was having a 'q' in your name, so i just thought id pick you up on that :)

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Um... look at your forum name mate, and its not completely "irrelevent" because you just posted a thread on the DO's and Dont's on creating a username and one of your Dont's was having a 'q' in your name, so i just thought id pick you up on that :)
Okay, I forgot to get my forum name changed. That still doesn't change the fact I specifically went over my name change in the thread.

RebornAU

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay, I forgot to get my forum name changed. That still doesn't change the fact I specifically went over my name change in the thread.
Hmmm ik, but why would you even post a thread on the Do's and Dont's on creating a username with your forum username still having a 'q' in it? well idc, lets just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci