• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does /report actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
You see a hacker. You die to hacker. You use /report. Mission Accomplished.

or is it?

With the staff being much more open with the community in how mcsg works (recently publishing the ban table) I think really explaining /reports and how it gets to mods should be the next step.

I am requesting a moderator/staff member with a very detailed answer to respond. I don't want a, "oh u use /report and we see it" type of thing.

Although using /report is very satisfying, I find it not helpful and inefficient if I don't know the process.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
To clarify, I'm not asking how a user uses /report. That is obvious. I'm asking after user uses /report, what is the process it takes to go to staff?

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What does /report do?
/report immediately records the report down on a page on Xime. Xime being the MCGamer staff 'ban panel' (though it does a lot more than just banning). Therefore staff members have a list of reports that they can go through whenever they are able to do so. It also sends a notification into the #reports channel on our team communication medium, Slack. This provides easy access to staff to go review recent cases.

What are some alternatives to /report?
Practically, /report is a system of alerting staff members of rule breakers. Though there is alternative methods that you can use to alert a staff member. The most simple way is by poking them on the TeamSpeak, ts.mcgamer.net. This immediately gives them a push notification and alerts them. Moderators should always respond to your pokes. Another way of dealing with the hacker, is taking the situation into your own hands by reporting them with evidence at report.mcgamer.net.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them! :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Once you use /report, your report goes to 3 places. The first place is Xime. On the Xime panel, there is a page with all the reports. The second place is in-game. A command for staff gives a list of all the reported users. At the top of that list is the user with the most reports. The final place is Slack. On the staff communications system, every single report is posted in the Slack channel. All of which, however, link to Xime. Once a report is resolved, it is closed on Xime. Additionally, tickets can be claimed and released on Xime. Generally, staff are going to see and record users with more reports. Furthermore, users with 1-3 reports aren't necessarily going to be dealt with ASAP since there are normally users with 15+ reports.

For the record, the /report system is not staff sensitive information as of when I was staff.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
What does /report do?
/report immediately records the report down on a page on Xime. Xime being the MCGamer staff 'ban panel' (though it does a lot more than just banning). Therefore staff members have a list of reports that they can go through whenever they are able to do so. It also sends a notification into the #reports channel on our team communication medium, Slack. This provides easy access to staff to go review recent cases.
First, thanks for the detailed answer. Second, why can you not report a user if they aren't in your game?

I once found a hacker, but I managed to kill him. Before I could /report, he left the game, and for some reason you can only /report if the hacker is in the exact server you're in. Do you know if you can ask this at the next staff meeting?

Thanks again for the speedy and detailed answer.

Once you use /report, your report goes to 3 places. The first place is Xime. On the Xime panel, there is a page with all the reports. The second place is in-game. A command for staff gives a list of all the reported users. At the top of that list is the user with the most reports. The final place is Slack. On the staff communications system, every single report is posted in the Slack channel. All of which, however, link to Xime. Once a report is resolved, it is closed on Xime. Additionally, tickets can be claimed and released on Xime. Generally, staff are going to see and record users with more reports. Furthermore, users with 1-3 reports aren't necessarily going to be dealt with ASAP since there are normally users with 15+ reports.

For the record, the /report system is not staff sensitive information as of when I was staff.
Thanks Scott for the additional information.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Second, why can you not report a user if they aren't in your game?
Mainly because it could add onto the abuse. Personally, I wish it was implemented and that there was a punishment for abusing /report.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First, thanks for the detailed answer. Second, why can you not report a user if they aren't in your game?

I once found a hacker, but I managed to kill him. Before I could /report, he left the game, and for some reason you can only /report if the hacker is in the exact server you're in. Do you know if you can ask this at the next staff meeting?

Thanks again for the speedy and detailed answer.
For the reason that you cannot report a user if they aren't in your game, I'm unsure. Possibly it is more complicated to authenticate that the user being reported is actually a real user. Though that is a complete guess. So yes, I'd be more than happy to bring your concern up at the next staff meeting.
Mainly because it could add onto the abuse. Personally, I wish it was implemented and that there was a punishment for abusing /report.
I also make sure to bring that concern up at the next meeting too.

Thread moved to General Support.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I know theres a page on Xime, I was told xD

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How frequently are the lists checked? Is there normally at least one mod looking at all of these?

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
In the cleansweeps we use this command/feature.

What happens is that the staff members go on a page where they see all the /reports.
They give us a player (and server) that has been reported for hacks and we go there to spectate them and ban them.

This is actually a really efficient way to catch the hackers, so we appreciate people reporting hackers and rule breakers with the /report command.

Edit: A big problem with this feature is that a lot of people abuse this. A lot of people hackusate really fast when they die and rage. So maybe someone is really good and kills someone, they get mad and rage and then they report them for hacks. (even if they are not hacking).

Last edited:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
How frequently are the lists checked? Is there normally at least one mod looking at all of these?
We get so many reports that most mods just use the list that shows the users with the most reports, and only investigate the users that have been reported the most. Occasionally mods will respond to individual reports. But in most cases mods check out users that have numerous reports instead, simply because the odds are higher that they are breaking the rules if they have more than one. And there always are users with a ton of reports so it makes sense to check out the more likely rule breakers first, than the person that has been reported once. However, like I said we still do respond to individual reports, just not as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci