• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does Chad's presence benefit MCGamer? STAFF QUESTION

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
Oh? I thought Chad was rather communicative during your time :eek:
Unfortunately, Chad has a history of disappearing and being unresponsive. From hearing plenty of ex-admins speak (especially the angry ones), I have learned that they were often ill-informed of anything that may be going on. Among other things, his activity has rarely been pretty. Le0 can attest to that because she was around during a generally inactive time of Chad's.

I don't know what is going on in Chad's life, but I do know one thing: he has a company that generates a fairly good income. Because of that, he pours himself into that more than he does MCGamer for obvious reasons. The change many people see in his activity is not really reflective of reality in my honest opinion.

Before I resigned, there was Col_StaR and he acted very much so like a bridge between the staff team and Chad. He was able to relay information to Chad because he had a direct line of communication to him. If Col was not there, I highly doubt we would've seen a different situation than what everyone is complaining about now.

Chad is a great guy, highly receptive, easy to talk to, and a highly motivational person when he is around. When I had an issue, Chad was extremely quick to respond (though it might be different since I have some methods of contacting him that other people do not).

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
Most of what I'm going to say has already been said but whatever I'm gonna say it anyway. So like it was already said, from my experiences Chad came around only when it was absolutely needed. Now granted, I have no clue what he has going on in his IRL life. For all we know he could be having a major crisis going on right now. That said, if that was the case (or something related) he should make the community and at the very least the staff team aware of what was happening.

Like it was also said, pretty much nothing at all can be done with development of the server without Chad overseeing it. Which is why there has been a bit of standstill here lately. This sets the server back a lot because there are so many things than can be done but none of it can go through unless Chad is here and aproves is. I once again totally understand if the guy has real life issues but much more could be done even if that was the case here. As of now it is extremely difficult to get a hold of Chad for a conversation that needs to happen to keep the work flow going. The servers work flow is bottle-necked right now because there is such a large amount of work that is trying to go through, and boy does it go through slowly. (Which is of no fault of the staff team) Bottom line, Chad needs to be around more often after whatever is going on in his life right now passes.

SIRLAD

Spectator
Reaction score
If he doesn't have time to come on here why doesn't he add a manger that posts everyday and makes the big updates and address the issues while Chad just pays the bills? He needs to add a figure that and is second to chad. He is basically Chad's number 2

HuggaBear

Career
Reaction score
This question is for the MCGamer staff team.

I would like to know how Chad's presence is benefitting the network.

Stuff I want to know.

What does he do in terms of work behind the scenes?

How does his leadership help the staff team?

Does it seem like the admins and Chad have good communication/collaboration?

When you submit a proposal that requires Chad, are you confident that he gives it the consideration that it deserves?

Any other stuff you want to say please feel free to do so!

Note: If you are going to give a sugar coated answer because you feel that as a staff member you can't state your opinion, please just don't respond to this thread. I want honest feedback only.
The admins and Chad seem to have a better communication than moderators like myself do, but I don't think they talk on a day to day basis at all.

I've never had a proposal that required Chad, so I personally cannot answer that. (I'm also trying to be careful and choose what I say wisely.)

Chads leadership was just fine. In my opinion, I feel like the staff team is a bit, um, lost without Chad being as active as he was.

Hope this answered your questions, my answers we're probably very vague. But I kind of need to watch what I say, as a mod. Hopefully you can understand that.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The admins and Chad seem to have a better communication than moderators like myself do, but I don't think they talk on a day to day basis at all.

I've never had a proposal that required Chad, so I personally cannot answer that. (I'm also trying to be careful and choose what I say wisely.)

Chads leadership was just fine. In my opinion, I feel like the staff team is a bit, um, lost without Chad being as active as he was.

Hope this answered your questions, my answers we're probably very vague. But I kind of need to watch what I say, as a mod. Hopefully you can understand that.
WOOO first mod to take a shot at this! Thanks for being honest!

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
As someone who used to have close connections with several ex Senior Staff and moderators, I can safely say that Chad's involvement with MCGamer was extremely low around 2014/15, and it is fairly safe to say that this has not improved. The only staff member that I talked to that said Chad was an active member in the community and did a lot to help out the network was a member of the Admin team, and I would assume Chad would have had much more frequent dealings with the admins.
Completely wrong about Chad being inactive in 2014/2015, js. He died out right after Col resigned.

Yes, Chad has effectively shot himself in the foot by not communicating with the administration and bottlenecking the efficiency of the network as a whole. Nothing can develop solely because of him.

He showed up at a total of 4 senior staff meetings while I was a senior mod for like 8-9 months.

Shoutout to any remaining senior staff//administration, it's really difficult to tolerate an essential absentee.

Don't blame moderators who don't want to post on here because it's a pretty sensitive topic. It's a huge elephant in the room within the entire staff team and everyone knows it.

It's not really acceptable to question a CEO while working a job which is why nobody does it. It's a taboo

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Completely wrong about Chad being inactive in 2014/2015, js. He died out right after Col resigned.

Yes, Chad has effectively shot himself in the foot by not communicating with the administration and bottlenecking the efficiency of the network as a whole. Nothing can develop solely because of him.

He showed up at a total of 4 senior staff meetings while I was a senior mod for like 8-9 months.

Shoutout to any remaining senior staff//administration, it's really difficult to tolerate an essential absentee.

Don't blame moderators who don't want to post on here because it's a pretty sensitive topic. It's a huge elephant in the room within the entire staff team and everyone knows it.

It's not really acceptable to question a CEO while working a job which is why nobody does it. It's a taboo
My response to that would be who cares if you come out against him? What is there to lose? You get demoted. By who? Chad himself? If the whole staff team realizes there is a problem then why don't the admins and sr. mods just let mods complain. If everyone speaks out against him he will have to change or shutdown the network. If he loses the staff team he loses MCGamer. Staff need to stand up for what is right.

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
My response to that would be who cares if you come out against him? What is there to lose? You get demoted. By who? Chad himself? If the whole staff team realizes there is a problem then why don't the admins and sr. mods just let mods complain. If everyone speaks out against him he will have to change or shutdown the network. If he loses the staff team he loses MCGamer. Staff need to stand up for what is right.
Staff need to remain professional as they have always been. You don't talk crap about the company you work for publicly, so you shouldn't do it on MCGamer as well. And if Moderators do act unprofessionally, they'll be punished or vice versa with Sr. Mods. People are still held to standards even if things aren't looking up.

People do realize there's a problem. Mods, Sr. Mods, Admins, and Developers, we all did realize there were problems, however, there was just nothing we could do. They are limited by the boundaries that he sets forth and if he tells the Devs do nothing than they'll do nothing.

Yeah, I guess we could throw the dice and see what side it lands on, but I rather not see a change, if that means there's a chance of losing this place. I've heard and seen first hand how much Chad puts into the network, and I really don't see him frustrated, I can't imagine what that would lead to.

Last edited:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Staff need to remain professional as they have always been. You don't talk crap about the company you work for publicly, so you shouldn't do it on MCGamer as well. And if Moderators do act unprofessionally, they'll be punished or vice versa with Sr. Mods. People are still held to standards even if things aren't looking up.

People do realize there's a problem. Mods, Sr. Mods, Admins, and Developers, we all did realize there were problems, however, there was just nothing we could do. They are limited by the boundaries that he sets forth and if he tells the Devs do nothing than they'll do nothing.

Yeah, I guess we could throw the dice and see what side it lands on, but I rather see a change, if even there's a chance of losing this place. I've heard and seen first hand how much Chad puts into the network, and I really don't see him frustrated, I can't imagine what that would lead to.
Yes I agree. Let me clarify what I meant. I did not mean that every staff member posts on this thread saying how bad of a job Chad is doing. What I meant is that the staff could do more to encourage him to change, or (in worst case scenario) to work towards forcing change. This can be done internally, with little impact on the community.

For example, people could approach him on Slack, or in a meeting if he ever shows up and explain to him the situation, and make some suggestions. I know it is not ideal, but at this point if something doesn't change MCGamer is going to die.

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
Yes I agree. Let me clarify what I meant. I did not mean that every staff member posts on this thread saying how bad of a job Chad is doing. What I meant is that the staff could do more to encourage him to change, or (in worst case scenario) to work towards forcing change. This can be done internally, with little impact on the community.

For example, people could approach him on Slack, or in a meeting if he ever shows up and explain to him the situation, and make some suggestions. I know it is not ideal, but at this point if something doesn't change MCGamer is going to die.
Chad is a smart guy, he knows that you can't just leave a product there forever and expect for it to sell more.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Chad is a smart guy, he knows that you can't just leave a product there forever and expect for it to sell more.
I get what you are saying. I just can't see why he would just let it die if he knew what he was doing was killing it. Cause if he wanted to get rid of it, it would make sense to cut it while he was making money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci