• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does Chad's presence benefit MCGamer? STAFF QUESTION

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score
Assuming Chad communicated with admins is the funny part.
Its actually great hearing this confirmation from a past admin because if you aren't an admin yourself you're left completely in the blue about everything. Hearing that admins even had trouble getting the attention of Chad adds a whole new prespective to the level of his abscence

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Oh? I thought Chad was rather communicative during your time :eek:
I mean, if the servers died, he usually responded to that pretty quick. Good luck trying to do anything else though. To put this in perspective often members of the community new about knew features etc before me.

Last edited:

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
LOL that's funny.
LOLOL I need oxygen XD This tea was too hot

But on the topic of the Chad thing, what Niall said sums up his activity pretty well in 2014. 2015 slowly dived into a hot mess, as a Sr. Staff member, me and my other Seniors at the time got left in the dust with our questions. When community members ask a mod a question, they would ask Seniors, if we didn't know we ask Admins, and if it's a Chad thing, we knew by the end of 2015, there was no point in trying to convey the message. This was also the case with Admins and Devs at times, but so many messages and concerns and complaints were just lost in the Staff translation.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
LOLOL I need oxygen XD This tea was too hot

But on the topic of the Chad thing, what Niall said sums up his activity pretty well in 2014. 2015 slowly dived into a hot mess, as a Sr. Staff member, me and my other Seniors at the time got left in the dust with our questions. When community members ask a mod a question, they would ask Seniors, if we didn't know we ask Admins, and if it's a Chad thing, we knew by the end of 2015, there was no point in trying to convey the message. This was also the case with Admins and Devs at times, but so many messages and concerns and complaints were just lost in the Staff translation.
"it's a Chad thing" in English translates to "I am sorry, but while your idea may be good, I do not have the power to implement it. I would pass it on to my supervisor, but he is too busy to deal with it, yet still insists that the admins are not good enough to make the decision by themselves."

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Well considering I feel like the Admins and Developers basically aren't trusted with anything or it was always a "Chad Decision" it makes things a lot worse, so his presence would benefit the staff team there.
When I was Sr Staff I hardly even saw him tbh, as Leo said, if the server went down that's when you would see him, any other time it was near to impossible.
Throughout the time of being a staff member I think I saw him at a whole 3 meetings, one when that Chad Q and A thing happened one time, when Col resigned and one Sr Staff meeting one.
He is the sole decision maker for anything that happens on the server, so him not being around is making the staff resign, and driving the server into a deep hole that is near impossible to get out of.
If he became active on this server, improvements would be made. But it all starts with the staff first. The community is just as important as the staff, but if you have no staff there is no server, and if we look at the staff at the moment there's a total of 45, this time last year there was 145.

Some changes need to be made for it to get anywhere, and I think Chad's presence is the starting point.

Wolfy

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok I agree with your decision but why Chad is inactive ? He can't enter on PC or mobile on forum for 1/2 hours or in weekends to be active.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I mean, if the servers died, he usually responded to that pretty quick. Good luck trying to do anything else though. To put this in perspective often members of the community new about new features etc before me.
It still proves that he has the ability to come online most of the time (but obviously not all the time), it seems like he chooses not to for reasons unknown. I know currently it's because he's likely uncomfortable greeting a community that has such a negative opinion of him for being so inactive, however people would quickly get over that grudge if he were to come around often. The first few days or so would be the only hard parts for both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
My experiences as moderator and as senior moderator were totally different.

As moderator I hardly noticed Chad was still around. Being mod didn't (/doesn't) bring you closer/more in contact with him than when you're a community member.

During my time as senior moderator I noticed Chad's presence more than as moderator, still not much, but he was sometimes in a meeting and sometimes said something on Slack. Besides, he was always responding to my DMs and trying to help me out when I needed it. Also when I wanted to talk with him he was willing to meet me even though it was 9 in the morning for him (timezones were hard haha).

To me it seemed and seems that he really cares about this place, but doesn't have the time to keep up what it was. It's his 2nd company and he primarily works at his IRL-work. MCGamer is his 2nd job which causes that he does the things which really need to get done, but not more than that. When I say that you have to thing of that he does pays everything on time and discusses priority business with his devs and admins, but doesn't come to attending community things, being in close contact with all the staff and publicly showing interest in the network etc.

Overall I think Chad is a really nice and chill person, but unfortunately can't bring what the community needs as owner-figure. This isn't because of his personality, but simply because the time he can put into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci