• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How do you feel about Africa (Avaricia)?

What do you think should be done about Avaricia?

• Revert it back to the original (including Tier 1 and Tier 2 chest locations)

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Update it again to make it look prettier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Update it again to make it look prettier and add more Tier 2's

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Keep it as is

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello, all!

I made this post because I'm really interested in your opinions concerning the map Avaricia. Here is my personal opinion about Avaricia:

This is an opinionated thread so please do not take any of this personal if I disagree with what you liked about this map.

Once this map came out, I was ecstatic because it was beautifully built with Tier 2's all over the place so that everyone had a good chance at getting good gear to fight. It was an insanely fun map to play on because in early game, there was a lot of fighting due to the structure of the floors. The only thing I didn't like was that people could go all the way down to the water which would eat a lot of time since I would have to go all the way down, find the person, and kill them if I could find them. Many times I played I went past the first refill, but I didn't make it to the second refill. It was an overall wonderful map.

Then, there was a chest update to the map because there were some OP chest routes in the original. However, the chest update created another OP chest route with 5 Tier 2 chests in a path in which you didn't have to backtrack. You could constantly run forward and get all of the chests. This was an unfair advantage as whoever spawned next to that route was guaranteed a few Tier 2 chests at minimum off the start. More Tier 2 chests branched off of this route to make a combined total of 8 Tier 2 chests (or at least from what I had found in close proximity to the linear 5 Tier 2 chest route). I found myself competing against 7 people, in some matches, to be the first to this route. If I were first, it would most likely guarantee me 2 or 3 Tier 2 chests in the first minute of the game. The chests needed an update so they got one.

Extreme opinions incoming!

However, this update not only changed the tiers of the chests, but it also changed the map. Dirt walls litter the levels of Avaricia (mostly an eyesore to me and a few others I have talked with) taking away options for people to run if chasing or escaping from other people. Random trees were placed on the top level in a very unfashionable way (they shouldn't have even been put there at all). If anything, there could be a small grass/dirt box surrounding the tree to make it more pleasing to the eye. Last time I played, I also spotted floating blocks above the top level. The tiers of the chests... Out of the 3,283 matches I have played, I have found that the maps with more Tier 2 chests are more fun to play. I can honestly say that out of the 3-5 times I have played Avaricia after this update, I have not found a Tier 2. I have checked at least 40 different chest locations (15 of which were former Tier 2 chests). I've even found clever chest locations that I've never seen before, but unfortunately, they were Tier 1 chests. I can only assume that there is yet another OP Tier 2 chest route that I have yet to find or that there are just hardly any Tier 2 chests. For such a sizable map, I'd love to see much more Tier 2 chests than there are now.

My Suggestions:

1) More, well-placed Tier 2 chests

The chests are what really make me not want to play this map anymore. Running around in full leather after searching 30 chests is not my idea of fun.

2) Revert the map to the original

The map was perfectly fine the way it was made. There was no need to alter the map. The dirt walls make the map look like it was made hastily. Floating blocks are just a no-no.

These were my thoughts concerning Avaricia. I would like to gauge how others feel about this so please vote in the poll or post your thoughts about the updated Avaricia. Thank you!

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
I also loved how it was when it first came out

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
could not agree more, you just nailed it.
Edit: Wait... You think Avaricia is bad, someone needs to play Lobby Games. Talk about an OP route.

AriSocrates

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello, all!

I made this post because I'm really interested in your opinions concerning the map Avaricia. Here is my personal opinion about Avaricia:

This is an opinionated thread so please do not take any of this personal if I disagree with what you liked about this map.

Once this map came out, I was ecstatic because it was beautifully built with Tier 2's all over the place so that everyone had a good chance at getting good gear to fight. It was an insanely fun map to play on because in early game, there was a lot of fighting due to the structure of the floors. The only thing I didn't like was that people could go all the way down to the water which would eat a lot of time since I would have to go all the way down, find the person, and kill them if I could find them. Many times I played I went past the first refill, but I didn't make it to the second refill. It was an overall wonderful map.

Then, there was a chest update to the map because there were some OP chest routes in the original. However, the chest update created another OP chest route with 5 Tier 2 chests in a path in which you didn't have to backtrack. You could constantly run forward and get all of the chests. This was an unfair advantage as whoever spawned next to that route was guaranteed a few Tier 2 chests at minimum off the start. More Tier 2 chests branched off of this route to make a combined total of 8 Tier 2 chests (or at least from what I had found in close proximity to the linear 5 Tier 2 chest route). I found myself competing against 7 people, in some matches, to be the first to this route. If I were first, it would most likely guarantee me 2 or 3 Tier 2 chests in the first minute of the game. The chests needed an update so they got one.

Extreme opinions incoming!

However, this update not only changed the tiers of the chests, but it also changed the map. Dirt walls litter the levels of Avaricia (mostly an eyesore to me and a few others I have talked with) taking away options for people to run if chasing or escaping from other people. Random trees were placed on the top level in a very unfashionable way (they shouldn't have even been put there at all). If anything, there could be a small grass/dirt box surrounding the tree to make it more pleasing to the eye. Last time I played, I also spotted floating blocks above the top level. The tiers of the chests... Out of the 3,283 matches I have played, I have found that the maps with more Tier 2 chests are more fun to play. I can honestly say that out of the 3-5 times I have played Avaricia after this update, I have not found a Tier 2. I have checked at least 40 different chest locations (15 of which were former Tier 2 chests). I've even found clever chest locations that I've never seen before, but unfortunately, they were Tier 1 chests. I can only assume that there is yet another OP Tier 2 chest route that I have yet to find or that there are just hardly any Tier 2 chests. For such a sizable map, I'd love to see much more Tier 2 chests than there are now.

My Suggestions:

1) More, well-placed Tier 2 chests

The chests are what really make me not want to play this map anymore. Running around in full leather after searching 30 chests is not my idea of fun.
2) Revert the map to the original

The map was perfectly fine the way it was made. There was no need to alter the map. The dirt walls make the map look like it was made hastily. Floating blocks are just a no-no.

These were my thoughts concerning Avaricia. I would like to gauge how others feel about this so please vote in the poll or post your thoughts about the updated Avaricia. Thank you!
Fuzy, use your super-mod powers and reteir the chests. I believe in you!

itsjulesdude

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally used to love playing Avaricia but with all the updates, I find myself leaving servers where it is voted. I would like to see the map reverted to it's original tiers and have the South exit along with the dirt walls removed.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I liked the old tiers, as in when it was first added. However, I really enjoy the new exit/entrance in the south.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
I can't say about the tiers, as I have not played the map since the tiers have been redone.

The dirt walls however are the map glitching when it was saving, or something along those lines so I understand. The issue should hopefully be fixed soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci