• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Do You Avoid Depression?/What Do You Find Therapeutic?

Reaction score
Hey!

I don't usually make threads, but when I do, I like to make a interesting one that is grammatically incorrect half the time but also sparks a unusually discussion.
Therefore, I ask y'all these question's...
How do you avoid depression?
Are you trying to escape depression?
What are your methods to make yourself happy?

Hopefully I learn something from your responses, but also maybe this could be used as a random guide when you find yourself close to depression one day (you never know).

Here are some of the things that keep me out my dark thoughts but things I also think are very therapeutic (that means things that make you happy and make you feel good inside, emotionally healthy)
  • Listening to ASMR's, before bed (Type it in YouTube, they will make you fall asleep within usually 10 minutes depending on how good they talk).
  • Listen to music...but don't just turn on your jam, listen to a song that has a meaning behind it, your mind will be focused on translating the lyrics instead of your negative thoughts.
  • Dancing, Singing, going OUTSIDE for once also helps...try it for once!

Things you shouldn't do...
  • Read depressing tabloids about whatever might make you upset (It really kills your mood).​
  • Be negative towards others or yourself.​
  • Downgrade yourself, stop saying your ugly, stop saying negative things about yourself. It doesn't solve any problems, just creates more inside.​
Remember...
  • Sometimes it takes sadness to appreciate happiness, don't take things for granted"​
Everyone has there personal preferences, so this may not work for you, but hopefully it gave you some sort of idea of what you could do. Let me know how you avoid things!'

Thanks for reading :D
Sorry if it was a little repetitive or crap, I don't usually do things like this so excuse me haha.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've never experienced Depression myself, but you ask this question: What are your methods to make yourself happy?

Well first of all. Anything negative in my mind, I kick it out. I talk to friends that make me happy, and I know wouldn't hurt me in any way. Secondly, anything that makes me happy... I think about it. Third of all, anything that I can do to my ability that puts me in a positive mood, I do it. Whether it's playing a video game, or just relaxing and listening to music, just do what makes you happy. I hope others can answer your questions regarding depression, but this is how I usually become happy in times of distress.

FineMC

Survivor
Reaction score
This helped me alot because of the situation in real life for me is not going on the lines. Thanks so much for uploading this thread and i learnt from it. Carry on making these types of threads because you are good at it. :^)

Reaction score
This helped me alot because of the situation in real life for me is not going on the lines. Thanks so much for uploading this thread and i learnt from it. Carry on making these types of threads because you are good at it. :^)
Thank you so much!
I'm glad my thoughts can lead people to the better :D

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This thread is supposed to be in Off-Topic Discussions.
Staff, please move it.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
How do people even get depressed? I feel asking a depressed person would be offensive...

Like sure life can suck, but how can you be depressed like all the time unless ur this gurl

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can't really avoid depression myself, because I guess it lives within me, no matter how hard I try it creeps up behind me and bites me in the ass. I used to take Pills for my depression however, it used to make me become crazily hyper and caused me to become sexual as it increased certain hormones and lowered other hormones, so I stop taking them.

I have been battling depression since I was 13, I was bullied to an extreme extent throughout Primary education and into my final years of Secondary education. I am constantly down on myself and never see the bright side of situations.

Talking to the person I love. *Hint* *Hint*

Before you ask, I am not in a relationship, I just love someone.

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
Whenever I feel depressed I sleep it out ;)

Reaction score
When I get depressed it's never because of my own life, it's because of someone else's. I have had the unfortunate(?) or whatever it would be called, opportunity to date depressed girls, and it's affected me quite majorly. I see beyond the veil that they try to put up, and I can tell when other people are depressed now.
When I started feeling depressed because of them, I just took time to admire my life. I have free time to spend playing a block game, and I have a good family and good people around me. I just felt that I didn't need to be depressed, and just by appreciating everything around me I worked it out.

AlecIsTheMan

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey!

I don't usually make threads, but when I do, I like to make a interesting one that is grammatically incorrect half the time but also sparks a unusually discussion.
Therefore, I ask y'all these question's...

Hopefully I learn something from your responses, but also maybe this could be used as a random guide when you find yourself close to depression one day (you never know).

Here are some of the things that keep me out my dark thoughts but things I also think are very therapeutic (that means things that make you happy and make you feel good inside, emotionally healthy)​
  • Listening to ASMR's, before bed (Type it in YouTube, they will make you fall asleep within usually 10 minutes depending on how good they talk).
  • Listen to music...but don't just turn on your jam, listen to a song that has a meaning behind it, your mind will be focused on translating the lyrics instead of your negative thoughts.
  • Dancing, Singing, going OUTSIDE for once also helps...try it for once!
Things you shouldn't do...
  • Read depressing tabloids about whatever might make you upset (It really kills your mood).​
  • Be negative towards others or yourself.​
  • Downgrade yourself, stop saying your ugly, stop saying negative things about yourself. It doesn't solve any problems, just creates more inside.​
Remember...
  • Sometimes it takes sadness to appreciate happiness, don't take things for granted"​
Everyone has there personal preferences, so this may not work for you, but hopefully it gave you some sort of idea of what you could do. Let me know how you avoid things!'

Thanks for reading :D
Sorry if it was a little repetitive or crap, I don't usually do things like this so excuse me haha.

Try learning to play an instrument or just doing something productive. The guitar has really bought something special to my life and learning and trying to get better is fun. Plus lots of people play the guitar so it's a good way to meet new people and shiz. I really helps me think positive and forget about all the negative things going on in my life.

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
Firstly, nice post MCGamerzism | Gizm this just may help some people and who gives a stuff if the grammar aint perfect ;)
Here is some advice to those that may need it: <3
1. Try and focus on the positive things in your life, not the negative (work on changing your mindset).
2. Ditch the 'toxic' friends that are passive aggressive, you know the ones that say: "I don't mean to offend you buuuutttt". Yeah, those types that make you feel like crap.
3. Try and bring laughter into your life (hard to do I know, when you feel like crap) like play a funny game or watch a funny movie etc.
4. Sharing common interests with someone genuine and honest is always great, whether it be online or irl, does't matter, as long as you feel good after speaking/communicating with that person/s.
5. Distraction helps too, as in sharing your problems with someone who is willing to not pass judgement, just listen. I find Exercise a good distraction too... work it guuuurrrrl!
6. I could go on and on here but yeah I wont so for my final piece of advice I'd just like to say that anyone who reads this bs I wrote is more than welcome to come to me for a big, fat hug and I am also a great listener, oh and who knows... I might even make you laugh ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci