• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Here's an idea MCSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a developer or anything like that and I don't fully understand how coding works but there's usually always a fix to a problem. It's figuring it out. However what I'm saying is, there's a current huge hacker problem yet they're thinking about resetting stats.
Minecraft is designed to where the server trusts what the client says way too much. As an example, regen hacks (which we've curbed as of recently) simply tell the server "oh, hey, it's been 40 ticks! I know it hasn't, but pleaaaase let me have another heart! I promise I won't tell anyone!", and the server accepts that. There is no fix for Minecraft's design flaws, other than completely rewriting the Minecraft client/server architecture - all we can do is do what we can to work around them as much as possible.

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
Flipping a switch won't work either, because sadly, there is no magical on/off switch for hackers.
Anti-cheat systems? Obviously we're working on that, but as some of you have been able to tell lately, it's not exactly the easiest thing to balance between banning hackers and not banning legitimate players.
Has there been any significant progress on a new anti cheat system?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
The staff isn't even working on the hackers, a ton of the staff team doesn't even know how to tell hacks apart from not, A HACKER IS GETTING MODERATOR. And the staff is too blind to see that he's hacking, and it's obvious.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Flipping a switch won't work either, because sadly, there is no magical on/off switch for hackers.
Anti-cheat systems? Obviously we're working on that, but as some of you have been able to tell lately, it's not exactly the easiest thing to balance between banning hackers and not banning legitimate players.
No I wasnt basing the Question towards you I was aiming towards the author of the thread, sorry

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I appreciate the fact things are being tested, and I'm glad to hear it. I honestly hope the hacker problem can get fixed, obviously it's never possible to eliminate every hacker but currently it's so bad it's just not fun to play anymore.

Resetting the leaderboards on top of this is not only a bad idea alone in my opinion, but especially a bad idea at MCSG's current state.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not a developer or anything like that and I don't fully understand how coding works but there's usually always a fix to a problem. It's figuring it out. However what I'm saying is, there's a current huge hacker problem yet they're thinking about resetting stats.
Ok, a developer that isnt paid really, they do their best out of their OWN TIME. They aren't really the best in the world and can fix everything. Plus hackers all have no lifes and they just find a way to get around it.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's fix the hacker problem, rather than annoying a whole bunch of people by resetting leaderboards.

'Nuff said.
Honestly I'm pretty sure that their main focus isn't on the leaderboards. They only put out a poll to know about the communties opinion. And the idea of a new leaderboard has been around for longer.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
A new leaderboard...Ok.
Reset leaderboard...No.
2 leaderboard can be ok, one that never will get resetted and the other one can be resetted any year/month.

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
I really hate threads like these, first off we ban plenty of hackers and abusers all of the time (1368 in the past 24 hours to be exact). All people do is complain that the mods don't do enough and honestly its really annoying, we have lives just like the rest of you, I don't want to spend my whole day banning people and I doubt you do either. Secondly, unless you are constantly making report abuse threads and helping to keep the servers clean constantly, then you have absolutely no place to talk, all of the mods work very hard and get very little thanks for the community, and I personally could not care less about what the community thinks we should do. The staff are always working hard and the devs are coming up with ways to more effectively catch hackers. But don't talk about things you don't know about. I would like to add that since i began to write this message 4 more bans have been added and all 4 of them are hacker bans. "nuff said" The server will never be hacker free with out the community's help, so instead of making threads like this go and catch / report hackers, way more productive.

E

Ephiza

I really hate threads like these, first off we ban plenty of hackers and abusers all of the time (1368 in the past 24 hours to be exact). All people do is complain that the mods don't do enough and honestly its really annoying, we have lives just like the rest of you, I don't want to spend my whole day banning people and I doubt you do either. Secondly, unless you are constantly making report abuse threads and helping to keep the servers clean constantly, then you have absolutely no place to talk, all of the mods work very hard and get very little thanks for the community, and I personally could not care less about what the community thinks we should do. The staff are always working hard and the devs are coming up with ways to more effectively catch hackers. But don't talk about things you don't know about. I would like to add that since i began to write this message 4 more bans have been added and all 4 of them are hacker bans. "nuff said" The server will never be hacker free with out the community's help, so instead of making threads like this go and catch / report hackers, way more productive.
You get a "reward" by getting things like Silent Join, extra votes, and can join full servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci