• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Helper Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Not the best idea I've ever had. Here it is:

The Problem:
Everyones had this happen. You tell someone to stop doing some sort of inappropriate behavior, whether it be profanity, spam, or something else. And they respond with: "You aren't a mod", or something along those lines. Also, people who help reduce the number of hackers deserve a reward.

The Solution:
If someone has 100 accurate report abuses, meaning the players reported actually get banned, they would get this rank. It wouldn't have any command but would simply be for reconition and maybe some extra votes. Hopefully this would let these players be listened to in lobbies. In addition, if someone had the Helper Rank, maybe their Report Abuses showed up with a star or [Helper] in the title, to let moderators know that these reports would most likely be more accurate.

(The rank could also be called Moderator's Pet or something)

Just an idea I know it isn't great. Tell me your thoughts. :p

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
This seems a bit like the Jr. Mod idea, which is a no-no. But I still like this idea.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
This seems a bit like the Jr. Mod idea, which is a no-no. But I still like this idea.
Oh did I take someones idea? Haha I've never seen the Jr. Mod thing. Link? :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think it really serves a purpose to have marked report abuses. They should all be equally important. A 100% accuracy also means they probably don't have a ton of reports. I don't have 100% accuracy, and neither do most moderators if I had to guess. That accuracy can be ruined by reporting a chat offense and the mod not finding it serious enough. I just don't think it really serves much of a purpose.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Would they have the perks of donor if they were originally a regular player? Just curious

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think it really serves a purpose to have marked report abuses. They should all be equally important. A 100% accuracy also means they probably don't have a ton of reports. I don't have 100% accuracy, and neither do most moderators if I had to guess. That accuracy can be ruined by reporting a chat offense and the mod not finding it serious enough. I just don't think it really serves much of a purpose.
He never said that you needed 100% accuracy, just 100 accurate reports, e.g. the reported player was actually punished.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea, I will say. However, I feel as if the rank won't do much. Just knock out 100 report abuses, and then the player will revive the rank, but the rank won't do anything. If you didn't give a purpose for the rank yet, that would be good. :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
He never said that you needed 100% accuracy, just 100 accurate reports, e.g. the reported player was actually punished.
Ah. I misread. I do feel that it's a reward for something that's already it's own reward though.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Like RC just said, the reward for a report is the rule breaker being punished. You don't need a rank for posting report abuses. Also, I used to post report abuses a lot, but then I stopped. Now I just tell whatever mod is in a game with me (if there is one) or I'll message a mod friend on skype or something to report. I could have probably 50-100 more reports if I didn't do that, and many people do the same thing.
Helper Ranks are really just unnecessary and mostly useless. We have enough mods, and if you want a reward for reports, get yourself donor or something.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
There really is no point for this rank. We greatly appreciate the help we get from the community and in return we will ban the user (if the proof is valid) and keep the servers clean :)

Thank you though for the suggestion, we look forward to any more suggestions you have!

- MiCr2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci