• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help with fishing rod speed?

RuexMedia3

Survivor
Reaction score
Hi! I am Having problems with my fishing rod, I'm pretty good with sword + FnS + Bow Combos but I struggle with the fishing rod (Mostly speed) Here is my current hotbar setup:

How can I speed up my transition from sword to fishing rod and back to sword? I see people like huahwi and gravey4rd and other great PvPers that can do this so effortlessly! I spend all my free time on roxbot or MCSG practicing and I just can't seem to get it right! all help is appreciated.

EDIT: I am NOT scrolling I use hot keys! I currently have the steelseries sensei RAW mouse but i'm thinking of upgrading to a razer

Last edited:

CrystalKnowledge

Experienced
Reaction score
Just use the "number" keys on your keyboard instead of scrolling between items with your mouse.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Hit them with your fishing rod and then hotkey to 1 to sword them.

theamazinggeek

Experienced
Reaction score
It's actually quite simple once you learn to hotkey with a comfortable control layout.

Aafk3

Survivor
Reaction score
Hot-keying is good, but for me fishing rods shouldn't be hot-keyed. I can tell you like Huahwi, but you don't need to use his layout, everyone PvPs differently try putting your rod in slot 2 or 9, so you can scroll to it. Try new layouts on Roxbot and decide which layout works for you!

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score

It's very easy for me to switch from slot 1 to slot 2 because of this. Razer naga 2012.

Raupp2

Tribute
Reaction score
Try try this hotbar: Slot 1 Sword, Slot 2 Fishing pole, Slot 3 Bow, The I usually then use 4 for flint and steel.

Then run up to him with slot 2 and then hit, then click 1 fast and you will get a good 2/3 hits on him.
Hope this helped!!!

Reaction score
It is very simple if you have side-buttons such as the one on some razer products. I use a razer naga, so I am decent at it, but I never tried hotkeying using the numbers on your keyboard. If you want, go out and buy a razer deathadder or something and learn how to use it. That should help you, I think.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Many YouTubers use gaming mice with special buttons, such as the Razer Naga and Razer Deathadder.
I have the Razer NAGA, and the side buttons look like this: (SOMEONE POINTED OUT I ORIGINALLY HAD THIS LISTED A DEATHADDER, IT IS ACTUALLY THE NAGA. MY BAD.)
http://gyazo.com/907e1bd3145315058f9cf6a2dcae6863

It's rather useful for easy switching.
Before I got my Razer mouse, I managed to get decently good at it by doing this:

I had 1 as Sword, 2 as Bow, 3 as Fishing Rod. (Inventory slots)
I would start on Sword and scroll down two slots to my fishing rod. (I had a mouse that clicks every slot it scrolls.) I would then right click once to cast the fishing rod, then reach my left hand up and tap the 1 button right afterwards to switch back to my sword. I also did a similar thing for Flint and Steel.
This worked for me in the past, and I see no reason why it shouldn't currently, unless you have your Sprint key set to something unusual or something like that.

Last edited:

RuexMedia3

Survivor
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I'm not scrolling with my mouse I use hot keys for everything. I'm also using the steelseries sensei raw mouse but I'm thinking of upgrading to a razor naga but I'm not sure if I should get the normal one or the hex. I have also tried to use this hot bar setup: 1: sword 2: FnS 3: FnS 4: bow 5: fishing rod, and it seems to work but not as well as my original setup (I've always used my original setup since I started playing)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I'm not scrolling with my mouse I use hot keys for everything. I'm also using the steelseries sensei raw mouse but I'm thinking of upgrading to a razor naga but I'm not sure if I should get the normal one or the hex. I have also tried to use this hot bar setup: 1: sword 2: FnS 3: FnS 4: bow 5: fishing rod, and it seems to work but not as well as my original setup (I've always used my original setup since I started playing)
For general Minecraft combat, you don't need all 12 buttons that the standard Naga offers, however the Hex doesn't have 9 buttons. The standard Naga's button layout does eventually feel normal once you get used to it, so don't worry about there being too many, and you can also remap a single profile for PvP specifically, such as setting the 4 button to 9 or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci