• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Having a "Rival" Section in Stats

Would This Be a Cool Feature?

• Total voters

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh, this is a wonderful idea!
I would love to see who i have killed the most. ;)

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this would be cool, but I feel like people would want the popular/good players to be on their lists, and then all the YouTubers would end up getting targeted more than they already do.
I don't think this would happen. I think people would look at this stat for their own satisfaction, not to show off to others about which guy they've killed. Plus they would have to happen upon those same players by chance, trying hard to accomplish this wouldn't be something I see people doing a lot. I already have rivals, I think it would be neat to see.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think this would happen. I think people would look at this stat for their own satisfaction, not to show off to others about which guy they've killed. Plus they would have to happen upon those same players by chance, trying hard to accomplish this wouldn't be something I see people doing a lot. I already have rivals, I think it would be neat to see.
Adding onto this, those people who tryhard good/popular players off spawn will still do it even if there isnt a rival list. The addition of this rivals list wont change the fact(since they would do it anyway)

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Adding onto this, those people who tryhard good/popular players off spawn will still do it even if there isnt a rival list. The addition of this rivals list wont change the fact(since they would do it anyway)
Totally agree. Plus the truly good players should be able to win even if there are noobs chasing them off spawn.

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
This sounds like a fun idea!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The only problem, is to set up the system efficiently. So much data would need to be processed for every_single_individual_player * every_single_individual_player (or every_single_killed_player_for_that_first_individual_player). ;)

Builda_Br3tt

Platinum
Reaction score
I will be on the list for "Most killed Player" xD
Awesome idea though. :3

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
The only problem, is to set up the system efficiently. So much data would need to be processed for every_single_individual_player * every_single_individual_player (or every_single_killed_player_for_that_first_individual_player). ;)
Like I said this article isn't about how difficult it would be to implement, that's up to the developers and such to decide if it's a reasonable thing to do, this is just about if it would be a cool thing to implement.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said this article isn't about how difficult it would be to implement, that's up to the developers and such to decide if it's a reasonable thing to do, this is just about if it would be a cool thing to implement.
Cool idea? Yes.
Practical idea? No.

ShaunDepro actually summed the major flaw in implementing this very succinctly:
Moreso than that, it would require a tremendous amount of work to implement within our existing system. There's a good chance that we'd have to redo our entire game-tracking system and player-tracking system to start recording who killed who in what games, then show the connections between the killer and the victim for every single kill. It would be a lot of work that would amount to a kind-of-cool statistics field.

Still, I'll write it up for the, "cool feature ideas" list.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Cool idea? Yes.
Practical idea? No.

Moreso than that, it would require a tremendous amount of work to implement within our existing system. There's a good chance that we'd have to redo our entire game-tracking system and player-tracking system to start recording who killed who in what games, then show the connections between the killer and the victim for every single kill. It would be a lot of work that would amount to a kind-of-cool statistics field.

Like I just said, this isn't about the difficulty it was just about seeing if it would be a neat feature to potentially add.

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Cool idea? Yes.
Practical idea? No.

Thanks for the heads up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci