• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hardcore Games.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Some of you have probably heard of these servers called mcpvp, they have hunger games, pvp servers, ctf etc...
On their hunger games/pvp servers they have this thing called soup. It is mushroom stew that heals four hearts...many pvpers use it. There's a whole different way of pvping and I personally think it's much harder to learn how to pvp there because there are soo many pvp methods that go into soup, not saying we don't have that either we have things like bow, fishing rod, fns, they barely use those. So this is what a 1v1 fight would look like on those servers. [The video is NOT sped up]
Now my questions are...
1. Do you guys think it is harder to learn how to pvp with the soup?

2. How well do you think they will do in pvp if they tried mcsg?

3. Do you think it takes more skill to pvp with the soup?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm going to answer 2 first.

They probably wouldn't be great, because they're used to falling back on soup.

For 1 and 3, I don't think either is harder or more skillful. They require different skills and different ways of thinking.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm going to answer 2 first.

They probably wouldn't be great, because they're used to falling back on soup.

For 1 and 3, I don't think either is harder or more skillful. They require different skills and different ways of thinking.
good answer

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
As a (nooby) soupvper it's very hard to learn to hotkey, quickdrop etc.
2. How well do you think they will do in pvp if they tried mcsg? Depends on the person, but I believe Stimpy would do fairly good, same with most wellknown mcpvpers

3. Do you think it takes more skill to pvp with the soup? Requires much different strategies and techniques, same with potion pvp (although that's even harder imo, due to debuffs)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's another thing to think about of course it is, but not by much. Edit: It could be easier depending on the amount of soup given. People could become over confident and not know when to retreat.​

2. How well do you think they will do in pvp if they tried mcsg?
There will be some who excel over others.​

3. Do you think it takes more skill to pvp with the soup?
I don't know. Yes and no.
The concept is simple, but with simple concepts people will implement their little niches to be considered as better.

I do prefer normal fighting, soup fights are usually tedious unless either person makes a mistake, and fights tend to sway towards the person not lagging more than normal fights. It takes away the grasp around PVP being focused on positioning and aiming and forces you to focus on your inventory. Although it is still a fun style to play with and I could imagine people having fun with this. :)

Last edited:

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
1. For those used to quickly hotkeying from a sword to F&S, bow or fishing rod and back again to the sword, learning soup should be simple. And due to the simple fact that in MCSG you won't have time to heal constantly in the middle of a fight, people will generally improve quicker as they have nothing to fall back on and learn how to pvp the hard way.

2. If they tried MCSG, from the experience of playing with people who were awesome on mcpvp but not so great here, I guess they wouldn't do so well. I'm afraid the other way round though, MCSG people can easily adapt to mcpvp and see the ability to heal in the middle of a fight as just making it easier.

3. It does take skill to be able to hotkey as quickly as the guy in the video where he can heal really quickly and keep on fighting, but it does slightly lower the pvp experience when they are more focused on healing and less on just full on fighting. But to say it takes more skill, I don't think I'd say that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci