• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Half of the servers with community map, other half with official

What do you think about my suggestion?

• Total voters

Finn Truman

Spectator
Reaction score
I am liking that MCSG are adding community made maps, but sometimes I do want to play the official maps made by the Vareide team, but votes always end up going for the community maps. And most of the time, I can't find a server that has one of the official maps as an option because of the way the servers scramble which maps they are using after every restart.

So what I would like, is that in every region, half the servers always have the official maps on them, and the other half always have community maps on them. And if thee are too many maps to fit on one vote log, scramble them the way you do now.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
SG4 gets played all the time, leave us alone.

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
on eu the varied maps are the only maps that do get played

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree here. Maps are maps. It would not be fair to the community maps to have half of the servers be exclusive to the Vareide maps, and vice versa.

Finn Truman

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree here. Maps are maps. It would not be fair to the community maps to have half of the servers be exclusive to the Vareide maps, and vice versa.
How so? A lot of people play on the community maps already, and I'm sure there are some people who want to always play on community maps but end up playing on the officials. I would understand it not being fair if only a quarter of the servers were for the community maps, which would limit the players drastically, which is why splitting it half and half gives even space. I don't know how many community maps there are, but if there are more community maps than official, by all means, dedicate only a third to the officials. I just think it would be nicer for everyone if they had this option.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
This would literally just be half the servers playing SG4 99% of the time.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think this would work :/
If a player wanted to play a certain map then they would be limited to the servers they could join (assuming they don't have donor.)

Not sure about anyone else but I find there's a good mix with the maps :)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Nope. I prefer pretty much any community map over the official maps. (Except BI, no one likes you!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci