• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/hackusate

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
There should be a command for spectators that notifies in-game players of a possible hacker.

/hackusate [player]

Every command targeted at a player will increase their hack score by 1.
When players do /hackusate or /h, it will show any players with a hack score above 0, other than themselves.

If a player's hack score goes over 3, every player other than the hackused player will be alerted in chat of a possible hacker. Also, the reporting spectator will be prompted to do /report as well.

This way, players that have died to a hacker can warn in-game players or people who have joined. It would also make it easier for players who want to find and record hackers to complete their task.
It certainly seems like an interesting idea, but as mentioned earlier, it could hurt a player's reputation. We require all hacker videos to be Unlisted for a reason - to protect the identities of the people we ban. I feel like integrating a command that broadcasts a suspicion publicly would defeat the purpose and quite possibly humiliate the player in question. Even if someone is hacking really badly, flying around the map and spidering up trees, we still need to be courteous of their reputation, just incase they ever decide to move on from hacking.

There's also the issue of trust. When it comes to these kinds of commands which require trust, we have to tread lightly as far as how we integrate it. Remember, a majority of this community is in middle school, and if you give them something that has the potential to be abused, then trust me, it will get abused. Suppose you're in a game and you have a hack score of 6. People will start abusing you, teaming on you, and reporting you - and the sad part is you might not even be hacking. It's not fair to the player in question and opens up more possibilities for abuse. If you are being treated like a hacker every game, chances are it will ruin your gameplay experience. This command also seems like it would have the potential to get exponentially worse, people would likely submit another hackusation on someone if they saw they had a hack score of 6.

There's no need for a command to "warn" other players of a hacker. I mean, you can let other people know in chat, but that's really it. I don't recommend doing it, for the sake of the hacker's reputation, but nobody's going to stop you. The other point you bring up is that it would make it easier for players to find and record hackers. You mean staff? We can check peoples' histories to see if the XAC has picked up anything fishy for a player, which is often a good way to determine who to spectate. If players want to go through the servers and look for hackers, that's great, but we wouldn't be able to provide them with these tools, because there's still those trust issues. Maybe not with certain individuals, but with other people of the same rank who have more sinister intentions.

This brings me to /report. This command is something we've entrusted with the general public because of it's security. Using it correctly benefits everyone, abusing it on purpose benefits nobody, and submitting false reports doesn't hurt the community or anybody's reputations. The Mods reviewing those "troll" reports will simply get a good laugh, close the report, and possibly ban the player who submitted it depending on the severity. Since we've put it out to the general public - use it. It's a very helpful tool for the staff team and for you, has all the benefits of the /hackusate command you proposed, and fulfills more or less the same purpose: getting the people who break the rules banned.

Obliterate

Experienced
Reaction score
1. I know an abusive 3 team with a hacker in it which would obviously hackusate towards me every game.
2. I know a platinum donor who basically thinks that everyone who he can't kill immediately is an insane hacker.
3. If one person says "So and so hacks" and then it catches on and about 10 people are saying that, if you are a decent player and kill them they are going to /hackusate. If you get 10 /hackusates you are going to get targeted unfairly by a lot of other people.

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with the limit, but it really shouldn't be a donor perk only. That's kind of silly, considering I've been in games with 5+ hackers and no donators. How about this instead?

Member - 3 times in 24 hours
Iron - 5 times in 24 hours
Gold - 6 times in 24 hours
Diamond - 7 times in 24 hours
Platinum - 10 times in 24 hours
Quantum - 12 times in 24 hours
VIP - Unlimited times in 24 hours
I'm pretty sure a VIP wouldn't abuse it, since they did work hard to get VIP.

What do you think?
Sounds cool :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci