• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/hackusate

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There should be a command for spectators that notifies in-game players of a possible hacker.

/hackusate [player]

Every command targeted at a player will increase their hack score by 1.
When players do /hackusate or /h, it will show any players with a hack score above 0, other than themselves.

If a player's hack score goes over 3, every player other than the hackused player will be alerted in chat of a possible hacker. Also, the reporting spectator will be prompted to do /report as well.

This way, players that have died to a hacker can warn in-game players or people who have joined. It would also make it easier for players who want to find and record hackers to complete their task.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
In suggestions, there's always one partypooper: Abuse.

I like the idea, it just could be abused and falsely used :/
Very cool though ;)

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This command also falls victim to false positives harshly- people wrongly accusing others of hacking, with the reported/hackusated player earning bad rep.

/report is a thing too, and it's better because it involves a staff's direct attention, rather than the player just using /hackusate at their own discretion. (LOL that rhymed unintentionally)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't get how people think this would be abused any more than /report.

As for bad rep, it's not like the number sticks to you for multiple games. People forget randys in game very quickly, and even if the player was popular, it would be pretty obvious that they are or are not hacking.

thechamp11

Platinum
Reaction score
This idea has a lot of potential, but an obvious flaw has already been presented: players abusing the command

Now, as I said, this idea has a lot of potential. Maybe there could be a way that only trusted players could access this command? Such as maybe all VIP's (or just trusted VIP's) could use this command, because we can assume that they wouldn't abuse the command?

I honestly don't know. But this idea should be looked at and tweaked, because it shows a lot of promise in my eyes.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This idea has a lot of potential, but an obvious flaw has already been presented: players abusing the command
First off, thank you for remaining calm and respectful.

Maybe a false accusation won't show up unless three players trigger a hacker alarm? The only issue I see with that is 3 teams, but it isn't going to be super easy for anyone to take out a three team. Hacker or not, three teams can either bow spam to kill in about 10 seconds or completely overwhelm players. So unless a hacker managed to kill a bad three team, there would be no random alerts for abuse. But by that time, they will have made their hacks incredibly obvious, and therefore just trying to get themselves banned.

Now, as I said, this idea has a lot of potential. Maybe there could be a way that only trusted players could access this command? Such as maybe all VIP's (or just trusted VIP's) could use this command, because we can assume that they wouldn't abuse the command?
As good as an idea as this sounds, I feel as this would negate the purpose of this idea: getting people to be more aware of threats. If VIPs had access to the command and VIPs only, it would cause this alarm system to be much less used/helpful. However, I do think that high ranks should get more /hackusate power. It does make sense as a donor perk as well.

ZenosMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Great idea, but it needs to be monitored somehow to prevent abusers.

imagine a 6 team all /hacusating someone lmao

thechamp11

Platinum
Reaction score
First off, thank you for remaining calm and respectful.

Maybe a false accusation won't show up unless three players trigger a hacker alarm? The only issue I see with that is 3 teams, but it isn't going to be super easy for anyone to take out a three team. Hacker or not, three teams can either bow spam to kill in about 10 seconds or completely overwhelm players. So unless a hacker managed to kill a bad three team, there would be no random alerts for abuse. But by that time, they will have made their hacks incredibly obvious, and therefore just trying to get themselves banned.

As good as an idea as this sounds, I feel as this would negate the purpose of this idea: getting people to be more aware of threats. If VIPs had access to the command and VIPs only, it would cause this alarm system to be much less used/helpful. However, I do think that high ranks should get more /hackusate power. It does make sense as a donor perk as well.
Yes, this would make a good donor perk. However, I worry about donors who would abuse that. I have ran into teams of 8 donors who punched me off corn, and threw random insults at me. Those types of people would be the donors to abuse it.

However, maybe Quantam (probably spelled wrong) could use the command? Other than VIP's and staff members, they seem the least likely to abuse the command. Quantam is a lot of money, so more likely than not, if they have Quantam donor, they care about the server and wouldn't abuse the command.

Something I just thought of: limiting the amount of times you can use the command per day. So maybe VIP's can /hackusate 10 times a day. Quantam can do it 5 times, Platinum 4, and Diamond 3. Therefore it can't really be abused, because the player would want to save their daily /hackusate uses in case of an actual hacker.

I think the MCGamer staff should really consider this, because it has so many more pros than cons, and those few cons can be fixed

ZenosMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes, this would make a good donor perk. However, I worry about donors who would abuse that. I have ran into teams of 8 donors who punched me off corn, and threw random insults at me. Those types of people would be the donors to abuse it.

However, maybe Quantam (probably spelled wrong) could use the command? Other than VIP's and staff members, they seem the least likely to abuse the command. Quantam is a lot of money, so more likely than not, if they have Quantam donor, they care about the server and wouldn't abuse the command.

Something I just thought of: limiting the amount of times you can use the command per day. So maybe VIP's can /hackusate 10 times a day. Quantam can do it 5 times, Platinum 4, and Diamond 3. Therefore it can't really be abused, because the player would want to save their daily /hackusate uses in case of an actual hacker.

I think the MCGamer staff should really consider this, because it has so many more pros than cons, and those few cons can be fixed
I agree with the limit, but it really shouldn't be a donor perk only. That's kind of silly, considering I've been in games with 5+ hackers and no donators. How about this instead?

Member - 3 times in 24 hours
Iron - 5 times in 24 hours
Gold - 6 times in 24 hours
Diamond - 7 times in 24 hours
Platinum - 10 times in 24 hours
Quantum - 12 times in 24 hours
VIP - Unlimited times in 24 hours
I'm pretty sure a VIP wouldn't abuse it, since they did work hard to get VIP.

What do you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci