• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide on how to report hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Haiya guys,

I can tell that there are quite a few people complaining about "Oh, this guy hacks and you need to ban him!" or, "That guy has hacks! Ban him!"

People complain about hackers and that moderators should ban them, but the truth is, it won't work. If everybody were to complain about hackers and moderators would ban them on the spot, quite a few players, including some of our best players, would be gone.

This clogs up the forums, MC chat, and just causes a headache for the rest of us. So to stop most of this commotion and the complaining, I decided to create this thread to help people start to catch some hackers instead of moaning about them to our staff, clogging up chat, and creating headaches to the rest of us.

There are several hacking clients out there, several that are illegal. Here are some of the most common ones with examples:

Aimbot - Aimbot is a hack that has a computer aiming all of a player's arrows, possibly even unlimited arrows, at their target, getting them almost every time. Now, there are some good archers out there, so this one can be hard to determine. Below is a video showing what aimbot looks like from 3rd person:

This was taken on a gamemode from a different server called Smash, a MC version of Super-Smash Bros. Brawl.

Fly Hacks - Flying is one of the most common types of hacks and is very easily identified and is very easily bannable. Basically, a fly hacker shows a character whom looks like they are either spectating or in creative mode, even though they are supposed to be in survival:

Forcefield - Forcefield hacks are hacks that damage players when they enter a certain zone around the player, like a forcefield. This video was taken by yours truly, on MC Smash as well. Look closely and you will see this hacker with forcefield:

Speed Hacks - Speed hacking is quite hard to point out, but is quite obvious. Players move INCREDIBLY fast, far faster than Speed IV could ever do:

All of the video above was taken from the MCPVP forums and belongs to their rightful owners.

In some cases, hackers will use more than one client for their enjoyment. Hacking makes the game unfair and thus, needs to be stopped.

Now, these are the steps to report hackers on MCSG, or on any server:

1. Gather Evidence.
No report is complete without evidence. Most mods prefer video evidence, but in some rare cases, photos can be used. However, keep in mind that photos are very easily hoaxed with programs such as Photoshop or any third-party program. This can be used to frame someone.
However, if you must use photos, simply press F2 on your keyboard to take a screenshot. If you are on a Mac, hold fn+F2. The screenshot will be saved in your minecraft folder, and you have evidence.

If you want video evidence, the most reliable and the best evidence for hackers, you will most likely need a program to do so. I recommend Fraps for Windows:

http://www.fraps.com/

If you have a mac, like I do, Quicktime is probably the best way to record hackers. It might even work on Windows, try it out. Simple go File->New Screen Recording.

Before you show anyone your evidence, review it to be sure that there are no glitches, mistaken identities, or any false information that could be classified as insufficient.

2. Show your evidence to staff members.
The staff at MCSG is always available to look at your evidence. Refer to the following thread:

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/report-abuse-templates.6742/

Then, create a new post with the provided template. Then, submit and a staff member will review it.

3. Be Patient.

Our awesome staff doesn't have their whole life detected to MCSG. They have a job to work for, a family to raise, school to go to, live to live! Give your report some time, and do not bug, poke, PM, or repeatedly remind the staff. It annoys them. Your report will be looked at, no matter how long it takes. Most reports are replied to a week later, at max. It will be looked at! Don't worry.

It's easy as that, guys! Hopefully, this guide will help out future posts about complaining about hackers and such. Hope this was helpful to you all!

-Sincerley,

Old_Spice_

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
While there has already been a thread, very nice job :)

Ericoster

Platinum
Reaction score
i am very pleased with the quality of this article. thank you for your contribution. :D

Battlehammer23

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi, my friend has some snapshots of a hacker while playing on us1.mcsg.in, and I'm wondering, who would he send the snapshots too?

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hi, my friend has some snapshots of a hacker while playing on us1.mcsg.in, and I'm wondering, who would he send the snapshots too?
If you scroll back up to the original post, towards the bottom, there is a section detailing how to file a "Report Abuse", which is what your friend should do. A condensed version of what your friend needs to do, is simply upload the video to YouTube.com (make sure the video is "Unlisted"), then file a "Report Abuse", here: http://minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/report-abuse/, following the given template :).

If your friend is reporting a hacker, there must be a recording, or some kind of video footage to prove this. Screenshots are only acceptable for reporting spam, language, etc. :)

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
That awkward moment when you have to necrolock your own thread xD

#NecroLock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members