• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] Moderator Applications.

ApplesFTW

Experienced
Reaction score
Professional Moderator Applications Guide

Here are eleven tips on how to improve/format your Moderator application.

Tip #1:
Always use good grammar.

Example #1:
"My name is Mark , the server is really fun to play on."

Tip #2:
Don't type for words just for the sake of typing.

Example #2:
"I'm an independent self motivator, I like really love working with cool amazing awesome servers."

Tip #3:
Tell the reader why YOU should be chosen over anyone else.

Example #3:
"I think that all my experience that I have gained over time will help me moderate the server."

Tip #4:
Explain where you have been a moderator at. Don't lie about how you've been mod on 21 servers, even if this is true you don't want to have to be divided into more then 4 servers. Also you need evidence that you have truly been a moderator.

Example #4:
"I have been moderator on 3 quite popular servers, one of the servers was called '{Blank} network" I've been working on the server for a while now. The {Blank} network has been a really good learning experience for me, I learned a fair bit about how to moderate servers professionally"

Tip #5:
Explain your answer, explain what it was or where it is.

Example #5:
"I use to play on the {Blanks}'s server. {Blanks}'s server is a hub server containing the Survival games, a creative world and spleef."

Tip #6:
Don't get to ahead of your self. The part about saying "Do you want this?" it's not in the default application format.

Example #6:
" Do you want to be a Mod? : Ah, I want to be mod mod." Writing this is a No No in my eyes.

Tip #7:
Don't write multiple applications, There is no need to make multiple applcations because you can always just edit your current one.

Tip #8:
Always read the format before writing your application, Make sure that you've read it and your application has all the required questions answered.

Tip #9:
Be yourself, set a style of writing in your application you want to be know for.

Tip #10:
Make sure to shoot for between 800-12000 words.

Tip #11:
If you've been accepted for the interview, don't be nervous. It isn't as bad as you probably think it is. Just be yourself, and have a laugh from time to time during the interview. (From: Virtual)

Please do NOT post your application(and/or Link) on this thread.

NOTICE: I do not take any credits for making this, I have asked my friend who made this if I could post it on MCSG so it could help out players who have always wanted to be a moderator. I have added a couple more tips.

Thanks for reading,
DividableApples

Last edited:

ApplesFTW

Experienced
Reaction score
Nice guide! :D
I'd say even higher would be good.
My application was 1400 including questions, and most moderators that I have asked did more words than me.
Thank you! <3
Okay, I will change it

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
with #4 make sure you include evidence that you have been mod on those servers

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thank you! <3
Okay, I will change it
I wouldn't say you need to change it. A while ago I had an app accepted with 900 words. Of course, my current one is 2000+ :p

Also, I'd give a bad example along with the good examples to demonstrate what not to do and to give the reader a good comparison.

ApplesFTW

Experienced
Reaction score
I wouldn't say you need to change it. A while ago I had an app accepted with 900 words. Of course, my current one is 2000+ :p

Also, I'd give a bad example along with the good examples to demonstrate what not to do and to give the reader a good comparison.
That is why I said between 800-1200 :)

You suggest I remove them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci