• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] Changing your Minecraft version (for when 1.3 come's out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
1.3.1 is out now which isn't supported yet so if you want to play roll back to 1.2.5 which still works

With Minecraft 1.3 coming out soon there is going to be a few people that either update to 1.3 by accident or update to have a look and then find out there not able to join any of the Survival Games servers.

This is where a handy program called "Minecraft Version Changer" comes in handy.
Below is a video I put together quick to help out all tho's people.

If anyone is unsure or needs advice then post in this thread and I'll help you best I can!!

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Cheers Ninja.

Hopefully when 1.3 comes out this will aviod the Good Storm of posts about N00Bs complaining about their version of Minecraft.

Qazfdsa

Survivor
Reaction score
I've had this for a long time xD
Wait, the servers aren't ever going to be updated? D:

FISHKILL

Tribute
Reaction score
Or you can do this. 1.open you start menu (on windows vista and 7) type %appdata% click .minecraft then bin and then make a copy of the minecraft.jar. That way you can have both 1.3 and 1.2.5 jars :).

Qazfdsa

Survivor
Reaction score
Or you can do this. 1.open you start menu (on windows vista and 7) type %appdata% click .minecraft then bin and then make a copy of the minecraft.jar. That way you can have both 1.3 and 1.2.5 jars :).
Yes but if you only swap the .jar files you can't install oldschool minecraft mods like the aether mod.
I <3 the aether mod

RCFloris27

Spectator
Reaction score
Oh god? They aren't going to update? I was hoping 1.3 would fix my sound issues. I have tried every possible thing to solve it, including reinstalling the sound drivers, manually placing all the sound files, F3+S, ... Are the servers going to update or not?

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would suggest getting Minecraft Profile Manager so you can have a 1.2.5 and a 1.3 so you can play on either. :p

Easterwood

Spectator
Reaction score
Holy Crap!! Did you say the servers won't be updated for at least a few WEEKS?!?!?!?!?!? 1.4 will be out by then!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci