• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Green Woods (for 1.7.2)

Do you like this map?

• Total voters

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I downloaded and played around the map. Let's start with the pros.

Pros:
  • The trees are excellent.
  • The terraforming is pretty good.
  • The block choice was splendid.
  • The corn was interesting, to say the least.
Cons:
  • The Map is boring
  • Gotta go with Theo here, the chest placement at corn is unfair.
  • There are virtually no builds.
  • The area around corn is empty.
Alright, now hear me out. I think the map is boring because all it is is trees. Now, SG3 and Vida Cova had a lack of builds, but the terrafoming, more or less, made up for it. But here, it didn't really do anything. The terrafoming was decent, but it wasn't outstanding. Now, the trees were very good, but I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who ogles at custom made trees while he runs past them. The normal player wouldn't think twice before he ran through them looking for chests. I also don't like how there is no theme. It's just trees. As I ran around, it felt like a biome that I would spawn into in normal minecraft. This is not a good thing. I have never been interested by regular biomes in Minecraft. They are just boring.

Another thing I thought of i how much it reminded me of the terrain in skyrim. Sure, it's huge with lot's of things to see, but there's really nothing there to be impressed by. I also noticed how flat it was. Now, it's ok to have really flat land, but this is taking it kinda far. There's not really any shape to the terrain. Sure, it has mountains that stick up here and there and hnestly, it almost takes way from the map because of how flat it is everywhere else.

And now for the last point of order that I want to cover. The area around spawn. I understand that you want it to be rather empty, but when the spawn has literally nothing around, not a water pothole, not a tree, barely any bushes, it gets rather annoying.

That's my map review. Thanks for reading.
-Lively.

Kemce

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks for sweet comment. =)

Well, where to start. I see and understand what you think. I started this project with one idea.
I wanted to create a map that was based solely on the forest . I wanted to test how good and interesting I could do it. Now I will not hide that I'm a big fan of survival games 1 . The reason for this is that it is much more survival , you do not have much food and you have to play tactically to win. I feel that most maps are losing the sense of survival. I'm always full of food and supplies , etc. In sg1 and GW are you located with in a forest , where you actually need to survive.

I have placed some chests (maybe to many, if you sak me) because I know that the most likes it , so I understand also that most like maps with lots of buildings and fancy things. Maybe I'll make a new version with a lot more stuff in, but then will the idea disappear. The main idea is that Green Woods should feel like a real survival map . I see that you think it gets boring, maybe my idea does not work . That maps should include lots more buildings to create more variety and challenges. I think that this is a taste problem.

But in the middle I've already said my opinion and I stand for it.

Anyway thanks, I will consider making a new version.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I can't change the logs, becouse I'm using more than one type of wood. :/

sorry, but I can not agree. This opens just more tactics. And the chest are placed on a areal of about 15x15 blocks. So wherever you are spawnd, you have the opportunity to own the middle. I think this will be new and fun. Thanks for comment. =)
Pretty sure you can, just try this //replacenear (radius) 17:0 (oak log) 17:12 (6sided oak log) and 17:1 17:13 for spruce, should work :)

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Not a big fan of this as it is right now as the gameplay would be seriously boring and although the trees are really good, the map is lacking that certain something that makes it a good map

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
More structures. Also I'm not a fan of the corn. Either way it looks great for PvP!

Kemce

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, this was a test. And I understand that mcsg maps need buildings and a fear corn. I'm working on something new, with buildings and stuff. Will soon make a post about it. =) Anyway thanks for commands. :p

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Not a big fan of this as it is right now as the gameplay would be seriously boring and although the trees are really good, the map is lacking that certain something that makes it a good map
That was a necro on my time zone.
C:<

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci