• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Great PVP Tips for ze nubs.

MVPThomas

Experienced
Reaction score
Are you nub at PVP?
Yes.
Do you wanna get better?
OMG YESH PLOX
Then read this!
Basics

Let's say, you're fighting a guy in full iron at deathmatch, when you're in full leather, but you're just a noob. The odds of winning aren't in your favor. So, if any point in the game, you find this magic item called "Flint and Steel" or "Fishing Rod", put dat shiz in your hotbar. I suggest you should organize your inventory, so you could swap weapons quickly. Let's get back to the situation. You're in full leather, fighting a guy in full iron, he has a diamond sword while you use a stone one. I know, he would most likely bow you. But whatever I do before dm is I check the guy's records, just to give me a feel of his game.
#1 Instinct on his mind right now : To bow you.

Don't be afraid, it'll only take out like 3 hearts. Run away, not out of corn, just run from him. What I would do is if he's close, fishing rod him back, then put the flint and steel 1 block in front of where he lands, maybe 2. He should sprint right into it. If you have a bow and arrow, now's the time to take action. Pull that bow back, pop a couple of shots into him. He should eat a golden apple, considering he's that stacked. He's back at 10<3s. Rinse and repeat the tactic. Do this over, until you feel comfortable finishing him off with a sword. This isn't the best tactic, but it's a beginner one. If you master it, you could pwn and win. Try to develop your own style of play. Always experiment, it's alright if you die (but when I die I rage like a baboon)

Bows

Well, let's say, you want to bow a guy 100 blocks away from you and expect to hit him. Not that easy. The arrow most likely will hardly reach him, and some people play on tiny with fog, MattZeeX for instance. If you have a friend, try to practice with him. Practice makes perfect, and trust me, I was once horrible at a bow I killed myself by shooting me in the butt a couple of times, lel.
#1 TIP : I recommend that you should not use FOV Normal. Play from 90-Quake, that'll work.
#2 TIP : If he's coming from a distance, charge all the way back. Aim towards his center, and if he's strafing, aim to the right/left.
#3 TIP : Fns + Bows = <3 Master this, you will own people.

Swords

Now we can get into REAL PvP. The "Sword". Don't use this well, you're gonna die in combat, NO. MATTER. WHAT.
#1 TIP : Left click, don't spam both RIGHT and LEFT. Spam left. Oh, and please AIM at the guy.
When using a sword, your aim is very important, and your approach too. If I'm sneaking up on a guy, I come from behind and try to hit him into a wall, then I start jumping up and down to get "crit" hits on him. Crits do more damage, but when fighting, don't only do that. The player could get low ground and spam you up, causing fall dmg.
If you are gonna approach him by sprinting into him and just start spamming, that's a good idea, and I use it A LOT on PvP servers. Spam your mouse's left click, but aim at the guy. Try to combo him or get more hits into him. But doing this, you must think about your opponent. If he has a diamond sword while you have a stone one, even if you get first few hits, depending on his armor, it's gonna be a close fight. My ultimate approach, the one that usually wins me the fight : Strafe. Basically, strafing is like moving left and right spontaneously. By moving around like that, you may confuse your opponent. When I strafe, I jump on top of higher blocks, so I could go further, and he wouldn't be able to fns you. Strafing has many styles. You could :

Circle Strafe : Go around him in a circular motion, mucks their aim, likely will win you the fight.
Zigzag : Go left and right.
Parkour strafe : Jump on objects like fences, iron bars or higher blocks, possibly to cause the opponent to panic and not know what to do.

Oh. And to officially get out of the "noob" zone, PLEASE PUT ON A SKIN.

PVP Servers: Roxbot, MCSwish, Oc.tc, MCPVP

I will add more to this thread, hopefully from some of your feedback.

READERS COMMENTS :

Last edited:

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hit a lot and I use default FOV.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks, these tips worked! I wouldnt call myself a newb......but ya know, always helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci