• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Global Leaderboards Update: Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Well done. This is a really nice compromise for what people wanted and I am very excited for this update. I am definitely going to try and get back into MCSG if I can.

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
Just an update. Talked with Chad regarding the policy decision to derank players, and we've changed some minor aspects of the policy and made the wording more clear. Do note that the Admins plan to have a meeting about this at a later date to finalize our policy, but this is the current proposal.
I'm a little confused about this, does this mean people who are banned after the 12th will be removed or will people still be removed who have past hacking bans in the current update?

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
Just an update. Talked with Chad regarding the policy decision to derank players, and we've changed some minor aspects of the policy and made the wording more clear. Do note that the Admins plan to have a meeting about this at a later date to finalize our policy, but this is the current proposal.
If you were banned for hacking before the update you will still be on the leaderboards right? (Totally not because that's happened to me or anything.)

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Gamma is considered hacking here, goodbye to my rank for one simple mistake when I was more of a 'noob' and had NO idea it was against the rules. I was told to do something, barely gave me an advantage but yeah... Thanks alot MCSG, thanks alot! I hope you consider small things like this and don't de-rank us.
I'm a little confused about this, does this mean people who are banned after the 12th will be removed or will people still be removed who have past hacking bans in the current update?
If you were banned for hacking before the update you will still be on the leaderboards right? (Totally not because that's happened to me or anything.)
Same question
The rule proposal states (formatting for emphasis):
After the update goes active on 11/12/2014, user who are found guilty of hacking will have their account permanently deranked from the Leaderboards. Their statistics will remain, but they will lose their ranking amongst the global leaderboards. Anyone who has ever played a game through unfair means does not deserve to be ranked amongst those who play fairly.
The current proposal states that this policy will only affect people accused of hacking after the update goes into effect. Everyone who has a hacking offence on their record prior to 11/12/2014 will not be deranked from the leaderboards, nor will they be deranked after the fact (unless they get caught hacking again). Everyone who is afraid of being deranked now due to a previous hacking offence has nothing to fear, since you're being grandfathered in; the only reason you would be deranked after the update is if you are caught hacking again (which will result in your permanent ban). However, after the update, any new hacking offences will be punished by their removal from the leaderboard ranking, and from the system overall with a second offence.

Basically, if you have a hacking offence prior to 11/12/2014, you will not be removed from the leaderboard retroactively when the update arrives. People will only be removed from the leaderboards if they are caught hacking after the update.

Please don't make me restate it again. I don't know how much easier I can phrase this.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
The rule proposal states (formatting for emphasis):

The current proposal states that this policy will only affect people accused of hacking after the update goes into effect. Everyone who has a hacking offence on their record prior to 11/12/2014 will not be deranked from the leaderboards, nor will they be deranked after the fact (unless they get caught hacking again). Everyone who is afraid of being deranked now due to a previous hacking offence has nothing to fear, since you're being grandfathered in; the only reason you would be deranked after the update is if you are caught hacking again (which will result in your permanent ban). However, after the update, any new hacking offences will be punished by their removal from the leaderboard ranking, and from the system overall with a second offence.

Basically, if you have a hacking offence prior to 11/12/2014, you will not be removed from the leaderboard retroactively when the update arrives. People will only be removed from the leaderboards if they are caught hacking after the update.

Please don't make me restate it again. I don't know how much easier I can phrase this.
Col_StaR you havent found out how many top players get the ribbon have you?

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score
After the update goes active on 11/12/2014, user who are found guilty of hacking will have their account permanently deranked from the Leaderboards. Their statistics will remain, but they will lose their ranking amongst the global leaderboards. Anyone who has ever played a game through unfair means does not deserve to be ranked amongst those who play fairly.
This sounds right and has very good intentions but, trust me, is very wrong. Someone could easily get unfairly banned for hacking because it looks suspicious but isn't actually hacking. Besides, if someone is hacking, they're bound to get perm-banned soon on anyways before they can stand a chance on the leaderboards at all. So not only is it not useful, but actually can hurt players, considering there are people who are just really good and may look a bit fishy, or there could be bias against them among a few staff members, etc. Things could go wrong, issues could happen. Just my opinion but hey I don't have input I suppose.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Really hyped for this. Can't wait to put on my 'try-hard' cap and pull me a 2/4958539398 ratio! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci