• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting Snuck Up On

Did this help?

• Total voters

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
Getting get snuck up on is a problem that I'm sure many people have from time to time. Say you are looting a chest and then... out of nowhere... comes a NINJA! Well, chances are he is not wearing a ninja skin, but he did just get a REALLY cheap kill on you. To stop this tom foolery from happening I bring you a guide on how to stop those annoying ninjas!

1) USE SOUND

This works surprisingly well for how simple it is. All you need to do is plug in and wear a good pear of headphones while you play (If you don't have any then basically just use anything but the external speakers). Then, turn up your in game sounds and listen carefully as you are playing. Most people already play with headphones, but it's still worth pushing the cause.

2) BE AWARE

I don't care you are the most OCD inventory organizer on the planet, don't organize your inventory when there are people around! Even if they are running away you never know if they will come back and strike. Another thing that helps is to never dump your stuff in the corn chests. Not only do people have a higher chance of finding it, but more people ted to be around corn. Also never dump you're stuff off of cliffs. All it takes is one hit and you will most likely die from fall damage.

3) PRESS F5

If you don't already, then it is a good idea to go into third person while running away from people, and while looting/dumping items from/into chests. At the very least you will be able to run away with only one or two hits instead of three or four. I would also recommend changing your toggle prospective key form "F5" to something more like "F" or "R". That way its easier to reach.

4) MAKE YOURSELF UNREACHABLE

You can make yourself unreachable by climbing up vines and breaking them when you're up on the designated area (just make sure no one can shoot you off of where you are). Another good thing to do is to go into a room where there is a door and close it. No one will be able to enter without it being a dead giveaway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There you have it folks! Four tips on how to reduce the amount of times that you get cheap killed in a game! I may update this post with new ideas if I come up with any more, or even make more threads like this if enough people end up liking it. Thats it for now though!

-P.S. I did not read through the entire section to see if someone had already made a thread like this, so I may have just copied someone on accident... Oh well lol.

Last edited:

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
I do take most of these precautions regularly as I don't appreciate being cleaned up or sunk up on. I tend to climb up trees and make a hole to throw stuff into. I only organise my hotbar so getting killed from behind isn't my biggest of worries. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci