• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting Rid of the AFKs

What would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalVirtue

Spectator
Reaction score
As of late I've seen a lot of people just AFK during a match. What this usually ends up in is spectators and players having to wait until said person is killed by mobs or another player. However, with the large map sizes, it can be fairly difficult for a player to search the entire map for this ONE person. Also monsters, given their size and AI, have difficulty getting to some players. This all results in long wait times for the next game to start.

Here is what I would recommend doing. There are two routes to go about this as far as I can tell at this point and time. The first being, cut down the time limit which is needed to start the final deathmatch. One hour seems VERY long for a game to go. Personally, games should last between 20-35 minutes at most. Anymore is just insane. The second being add an AFK kick time. If a player is not moving his mouse and/or moving for 5-10 minutes, they should be kicked from the game.

Both of these would easily fix the issue of people going afk mid-game and increasing the wait time for other players to actually get in and play.

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
As of late I've seen a lot of people just AFK during a match. What this usually ends up in is spectators and players having to wait until said person is killed by mobs or another player. However, with the large map sizes, it can be fairly difficult for a player to search the entire map for this ONE person. Also monsters, given their size and AI, have difficulty getting to some players. This all results in long wait times for the next game to start.

Here is what I would recommend doing. There are two routes to go about this as far as I can tell at this point and time. The first being, cut down the time limit which is needed to start the final deathmatch. One hour seems VERY long for a game to go. Personally, games should last between 20-35 minutes at most. Anymore is just insane. The second being add an AFK kick time. If a player is not moving his mouse and/or moving for 5-10 minutes, they should be kicked from the game.

Both of these would easily fix the issue of people going afk mid-game and increasing the wait time for other players to actually get in and play.
Well, I for one do think an hour is too long as well and 20-35 mintues maybe 45 minutes would be better, At the beginning it was 2 Hours long, but this time was based of the first map, than was later decreased to one hour. Now that we have a new map 45 minutes to an hour is fine, but I don't think we have anything in the plugin to define times based of per Map which could be a feature we could add later if Chad thinks it's a requirement.

As for AFK, I do see a lot of those, In fact I think some of them could simply be secondary accounts to get "Easy Kills" to get "Easy Points" to "Rank Higher", but if they're killed at the beginning than there would be no point for an auto-afk feature, on the other hand introducting this feature for "The Lobby" if you're AFK than will kick you after the game starts or something.

These are not confirmed features, but could good ones depending how we would implement them if Chad chooses to do so.

Regards,
Cory

Sneakycowman

Tribute
Reaction score
I honestly think this is a good idea. I hate waiting for 1 or 2 people to die when they're not even moving.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
on the other hand introducting this feature for "The Lobby" if you're AFK than will kick you after the game starts or something.
Cory
Pleas do not do it if you are afk in the lobby. I'm sometimes still akf in the lobby because i'm watching a video or something.

B

bigmike4life

on the other hand introducting this feature for "The Lobby" if you're AFK than will kick you after the game starts or something.
Please dont add this in because when ever it goes into loby i get something to drink and usually just look at the forums as i am doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci