• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gaming Mouse for PVP

Fratsi

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello...

So I wanna buy a gaming mouse and I want to hear some opinions about what mouse I should get, I don't wanna spend over 70 euro (about 80 dollar).
I just saw the Logitech G600 mouse for 40 euro (about 50 dollar) for sale and it normally costs about 80 euro...
Is it worth getting it?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you don't have a good mouse, I recommend you buy one. However, they are pretty expensive. I was lucky enough to get my Redragon Perdition for only $40.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
If you don't have a good mouse, I recommend you buy one. However, they are pretty expensive. I was lucky enough to get my Redragon Perdition for only $40.
Got this mouse as well.

Simply brilliant, highly recommended.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a SteelSeries Sensei, and although it is rather expensive for what it appears to be, I have to say it's a great mouse, and that there's more to it than just looks. You can customise the colour of the lighting, choosing from ~16.8 million colours, program a custom logo to appear on the LED on the bottom of the mouse and save a bunch of profiles, and be able to switch from one profile to the other without needing to use software.

10/10 well recommended- it is also a big mouse, so if you prefer something smaller, perhaps it isn't for you.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
I personally use a Razer Taipan and like it a lot. Instead of telling you why you should or should't get it, I will tell you some things to consider when choosing any mouse.

· The sensor type. Laser sensors tent to suffer from a phenomenon called mouse acceleration. Although this concept is too complicated for me to explain here, what you need to understand is that it makes tracking less precise for people who use certain mouse sensitivity settings. What I found with my mouse, which uses a laser sensor, was that the lower the DPI the more mouse acceleration I noticed. This isn't a problem for me as I use higher DPIs (usually around 3200) and lower tracking speeds. If you prefer to use lower DPIs, then I would not recommend my mouse or any other mouse that uses a laser sensor. If you get the chance, try and test some mice in which you are considering with different DPIs and sensitivity settings. I can't tell you what settings you prefer, but I can advise you to test out as many mice as possible before pulling the trigger.

· The form factor. I personally like the ambidextrous form factor (a mouse you can use with both hands), but your millage may very. If you want to know if an ambidextrous mouse is right for you, consider these things: 1. What was the shape of your old mouse? If it was not ambidextrous, then consider an ergonomic mouse as it may be hard for you to switch. 2. How do you hold your mouse? If you hold your mouse with your entire hand, then you have a palm grip. If you hold your mouse with your fingertips and the lower half of your palm, then you have what's called a claw grip. I use the claw grip style and find that my Taipan works great for me. If you don't know what type of grip you have, just look at your hand while you PvP. Hold your mouse in different positions and find what feels most natural to you. Most importantly, try several mice in stores that have them on display.

· The number/placement of buttons. It's easy to get wrapped up in what sort of buttons a mouse has when mice shopping. My advice is to consider the amount of functions you want to have on your mouse and pick one accordingly. The only buttons I use when PvPing is right click, left click, scroll (if your consider that a button), and Optifine zoom. I highly doubt that you will become a better PvPer with more buttons on your mouse. Choose what you need, not what's most fancy.

Anyway, I hope this helped you make an informed decision on which mice to consider. Feel free to respond with any more question. :)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The number/placement of buttons. It's easy to get wrapped up in what sort of buttons a mouse has when mice shopping. My advice is to consider the amount of functions you want to have on your mouse and pick one accordingly. The only buttons I use when PvPing is right click, left click, scroll (if your consider that a button), and Optifine zoom. I highly doubt that you will become a better PvPer with more buttons on your mouse. Choose what you need, not what's most fancy.

Anyway, I hope this helped you make an informed decision on which mice to consider. Feel free to respond with any more question. :)
I've found myself better at PvP with a gaming mouse, but only because my hands are more balanced. While I'm aiming, clicking, and switching with my right hand, I'm only strafing with my left hand. If you need to hotkey and stop your strafe, it's more difficult.

However, the best improvement of PvP for me was soup pvp for obvious reasons.

K

KiDD

Personally, I do not recommend any laser product because I find them to be cheap, (specifically Razer) and glitchy. I have the SteelSeries Sensei Rival, it is optimal for me and overall has a great feel. Also is optimal for MCPvP. Optical is simply optimal folks.

2OPBruh

Career
Reaction score
Personally, I do not recommend any lazer product because I find them to be cheap, (specifically Razer) and glitchy. I have the SteelSeries Sensei Rival, it is optimal for me and overall has a great feel. Also is optimal for MCPvP. Optical is simply optimal folks.
i disagree i think steel series are glitchy and cheap

K

KiDD

i disagree i think steel series are glitchy and cheap
Well I found just in my experience, that Razer do not work well but SteelSeries have done a nice job. Logitech is also nice though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci