• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gametypes, Maps, Potential Problems, and Solutions?

Agree? {Actually READ the thread befoe judging}

• Yes.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Eh...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
So recently, I have been surfing the forums, and I decided to drop into the Map Downloads and Discussions section and to check my map, Turris Tremores (Deadly Descent.) As I was surfing, I found my map, and clicked on the prefix, and literally, I saw only two maps of this category, including mine. Only two! And if I don't say so myself, to compare that to other map types, if I were to compare the amount of maps of Deadly Descent to a gametype like Battlegrounds, the ratio of DD to BG is 1:14. And this is what I mean.

We are consistently adding gametypes to this network, including the batch brought into because of the cause of the AntVenom <-> MCGN merge, but can this be a problem; bringing in a lot of gametypes. Maybe, but at the same time, no. Maybe because in order to have a good gametype foundation, we need maps, but sadly, we kind of are lacking gametypes for the ones that need it most. I mean, every gametypes have maps, but you can only play it so many times until you come on the forums and complain about the lack of maps. I did some digging and here you go, math!:

accepted | finished
Survival Games: 39 accepted | 110 finished (not including the ones in the archive)
ZedChase: 1 accepted (added, technically speaking) | 1 finished
Battlegrounds: ~3 maps | 28 finished
MCTF2: ~2-3 accepted | 3 finished
Quarter Quell: 3 accepted | 6 finished
[The Walls] (included but not sure why): 0
Deadly Descent: ~4-5 accepted | 2 finished
Rocket Rumble: ~1-3 accepted | 1 finished

Colour Zone: ~2-3 accepted | 4 finished

In Survival Games, here is the percentages of accepted maps to finished maps:
SG: ~36%
ZC: 50%

BG: 10.71%
TF2: ~67%
QQ: 50%
TW: 0%
DD: Ratio: 5:2

RR: 100% -or- 2:1 -or- 3:1
CZ: 50% -or- 75%

Now, look at these statistics of SG maps. Now, compare it to all the others. This is what might become a problem. We sometimes face towards gametypes like SG and we don't pay attention much to gametypes like Rocket Rumble.

We play it and yes, that supports it, but then, we need maps in the immediate section to make the gametype more than what it already is, and for the hopes it can get accepted and more can submit, but those maps don't, then it might raise odds of people submitting maps more.

Last edited:

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
You're right, MCGamer doesn't seem to accept maps for other gamemodes (with few exceptions). This also causes other mapmakers to only create maps for SG, because of it being the only gamemode where community maps are getting accepted. If MCGamer were to accept community submissions to other gamemodes, then people would start playing it and eventually start making maps for it.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You're right, MCGamer doesn't seem to accept maps for other gamemodes (with few exceptions). This also causes other mapmakers to only create maps for SG, because of it being the only gamemode where community maps are getting accepted. If MCGamer were to accept community submissions to other gamemodes, then people would start playing it and eventually start making maps for it.
This is partly why we're hosting the Gamemode Spotlights, to raise awareness for other gametypes and to try to encourage others to play them. That's also why we have map contests for each gamemode spotlight ^-^

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I could've sworn you already made this thread. Unless it was me not replying to it and thinking I did and now seeing it again. I'm not sure what I am talking about.

Reaction score
I could've sworn you already made this thread. Unless it was me not replying to it and thinking I did and now seeing it again. I'm not sure what I am talking about.
This is my first time making a thread with this subject.
This is partly why we're hosting the Gamemode Spotlights, to raise awareness for other gametypes and to try to encourage others to play them. That's also why we have map contests for each gamemode spotlight ^-^
But how many people actually post maps, and regardless of that, no matter how many people post, the amount will remain one that will be acknowledged and put in the servers to be played. And even though we have these spotlights, whenever I go into an AntVenom made gametype, there is only one game in progress and, like 1-5 lobbies empty or with very little people. And yes, the spotlights do work, but only, on average, 10-30 people join, and there are 3 million+ people on these servers. The awareness of the Gamemode Spotlight works, but not in a large scale. Though 10-30 people is a lot throughout sessions, this isn't necessarily the predicament being stated.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good thread and facts! I think I'm going to go make a map now xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci