• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Flaire Woods | An MCSG Map by Team Flaire!

Should MCSG add this map to their servers?

• Total voters

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I'll give a review on this map since it seems to be deceiving with the shader pictures. It'll be fairly brief since I can explain it with screenshots mainly.

Terraforming
NEVER use default mc terrain!!! It seems that you have terraformed it yourselves but it's just a vanilla world with edits made on it (it can be seen when you look outside the map and also with the biome changes). It seems that terraforming isn't the strongest aspect here since you have had to default to vanilla terrain with edits so that sets up my next point. The little bits of terraforming that has been done is extremely square. It seems as though you made a cube with voxel (or worldedit) and very briefly curved some bits. The square edges are very prominent in a lot of places unfortunately. This can be seen in these screenshots- http://imgur.com/a/W1Ef6#0 (This album contains 8 examples. If needed, I can try to get more tomorrow).

Building
Unfortunately, I have to say that the building on this map is very bland and just not too good (in my opinion). I hate to put it so bluntly.... Most things have almost no detail and just serve the purpose of outlining a structure. In the screenshots that you have posted, you showed two of the best buildings areas on the map (in my opinion). There are many more builds scattered around that severely decrease quality. These can be seen in these screenshots- http://imgur.com/a/fVUT9#0 (This album contains 6 examples. If needed, I can try to get more tomorrow).

This seems to be another map using shaders in a deceiving way... (Remember, all this is just in my opinion)
I'd most likely give this map a 3.8 on a scale of 1-10...

Oulaps

Diamond
Reaction score
I'll give a review on this map since it seems to be deceiving with the shader pictures. It'll be fairly brief since I can explain it with screenshots mainly.

Terraforming
NEVER use default mc terrain!!! It seems that you have terraformed it yourselves but it's just a vanilla world with edits made on it (it can be seen when you look outside the map and also with the biome changes). It seems that terraforming isn't the strongest aspect here since you have had to default to vanilla terrain with edits so that sets up my next point. The little bits of terraforming that has been done is extremely square. It seems as though you made a cube with voxel (or worldedit) and very briefly curved some bits. The square edges are very prominent in a lot of places unfortunately. This can be seen in these screenshots- http://imgur.com/a/W1Ef6#0 (This album contains 8 examples. If needed, I can try to get more tomorrow).

Building
Unfortunately, I have to say that the building on this map is very bland and just not too good (in my opinion). I hate to put it so bluntly.... Most things have almost no detail and just serve the purpose of outlining a structure. In the screenshots that you have posted, you showed two of the best buildings areas on the map (in my opinion). There are many more builds scattered around that severely decrease quality. These can be seen in these screenshots- http://imgur.com/a/fVUT9#0 (This album contains 6 examples. If needed, I can try to get more tomorrow).

This seems to be another map using shaders in a deceiving way... (Remember, all this is just in my opinion)
I'd most likely give this map a 3.8 on a scale of 1-10...
Well, it is an honour to have a professional map builder reply to my map, I accept your opinion, I will try see if there is any more detail to add :) Thank you so much for your opinion! :)

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
after testing around with the map i really enjoyed it :D lots of good chest spots and builds

PIGGYSLICE

Tribute
Reaction score
may I add this map to my upcoming server, I will give credit to you for making this map.

CherrieBombz

Spectator
Reaction score
Love it! A great map, I really really would love for this to be added!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci