• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

#FixMCSG

Hex_Gamer

Tribute
Reaction score
For SO LONG, there have been several bugs with mcsg. The bugs that I've noticed the most are the following:
1. Flint and Steel doesn't light when you try to use it.
2. Sometimes the Flint and Steel breaks in one charge.
3. The bow sometimes doesn't fire and it still consumes an arrow.
4. Players being ghosted/annoying massive ping spikes.
5. That underwater tunnel in Holiday Resort 2 glitching you out and eventually kicking you.

If anyone agrees with me please show this to the admins. (Bonus points if it's Chad xD) They should be perfectly capable of fixing this stuff, but it's been broke for so long without any attempts to fix it.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The devs are aware of the issues and are working very hard to fix it. They have pushed several attempts to fix the FNS glitch so far. None of them have worked. While it may seem like a simple fix, often in development what seems simple ends up being the most challenging. The devs have worked very hard to try to find the cause of it, and they just haven't had any luck so far. I am sure the bow thing is a similar issue as well. They have already put in a ton of time working on it, and I am sure that they will continue to do so. Hopefully it will be solved soon. But I can guarantee you this, having people complain about this to the admins and Chad isn't going to help at this point. Every member of the Sr. Staff team is aware of the issue, everyone wants it fixed. The community's voice has been loud and clear. However, like I said it is clearly a very complicated bug that may take some time to resolve.

As for the massive ping spikes I have not noticed any issues myself. I play on US. What region do you play in? I can look into this further if you can give me more details but I haven't seen too many reports of issues regarding that.

Finally, the getting kicked on Holiday Resort 2 has to do with the 1.8 blocks. The map was built for 1.8 before the network switched back to 1.7. It might be a good idea to remove the map until the network is upgraded to a higher version at some point in the future. I could suggest this if you would like.

Hex_Gamer

Tribute
Reaction score
You asked what server I play on. I play on the US servers and I live in Michigan. I usually have a ping of 135ms and I feel like it spikes sometimes. I even once caught it using the /ping command and it said around 500ms or something. (But sometimes it feels like more than THAT. Or maybe I just get ghosted. Which is still annoying.) And as for the bugs, might I suggest resetting the anti-cheat? Maybe that would work because I feel like the fns only sputters out when another player is within 2 blocks.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe that would work because I feel like the fns only sputters out when another player is within 2 blocks.
Interesting observation. I am going to test that myself.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
arsenalfcgunners Not to say that anyone is or isn't fulfilling their role here at MCGamer, but how can you really know the devs are doing this or that? Did you go to their house and see them coding? I mean they might be, but you can't say they've "worked very hard" on an issue that has been around seemingly for ages with no improvements. (the flint and steel glitches) And no, this isn't a particularly hard fix. They've patched stuff like this before, and other hunger games servers don't have problems like this for these ridiculous amounts of time.

Hey, I get that the staff work hard, but I'm tired of moderators going around saying that every staff member is working their hardest and doing their best. It's not likely and it's not human. We all slack off sometimes.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
You asked what server I play on. I play on the US servers and I live in Michigan. I usually have a ping of 135ms and I feel like it spikes sometimes. I even once caught it using the /ping command and it said around 500ms or something. (But sometimes it feels like more than THAT. Or maybe I just get ghosted. Which is still annoying.) And as for the bugs, might I suggest resetting the anti-cheat? Maybe that would work because I feel like the fns only sputters out when another player is within 2 blocks.
It actually depends more on your internet because I get 60ms and I live in Canada. When I had a not so good service provider last year it was 130ms.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
arsenalfcgunners Not to say that anyone is or isn't fulfilling their role here at MCGamer, but how can you really know the devs are doing this or that? Did you go to their house and see them coding? I mean they might be, but you can't say they've "worked very hard" on an issue that has been around seemingly for ages with no improvements. (the flint and steel glitches) And no, this isn't a particularly hard fix. They've patched stuff like this before, and other hunger games servers don't have problems like this for these ridiculous amounts of time.

Hey, I get that the staff work hard, but I'm tired of moderators going around saying that every staff member is working their hardest and doing their best. It's not likely and it's not human. We all slack off sometimes.
Well I don't go around stalking the devs, but I do know that they've tried to fix the FnS glitch multiple times by looking at the development changelog, found here: http://www.mcgamer.net/forums/development-changelog.196/

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score

Have you checked the development change logs? They have done lots of attempted fixes. I have also chatted with them about it and believe me they have tried many things. Also you must remember that most major networks have more than two devs. Two devs is not enough, which is why dev apps were reopened. We use to have four devs, but unfortunately two of them resigned a few months ago. We have been a bit short ever since. Some people may think that we have plenty of devs, but Devin and Gideon are the only ones who work on the MCG code for the most part. The rest work more on the datacenter stuff.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Have you checked the development change logs? They have done lots of attempted fixes. I have also chatted with them about it and believe me they have tried many things. Also you must remember that most major networks have more than two devs. Two devs is not enough, which is why dev apps were reopened. We use to have four devs, but unfortunately two of them resigned a few months ago. We have been a bit short ever since. Some people may think that we have plenty of devs, but Devin and Gideon are the only ones who work on the MCG code for the most part. The rest work more on the datacenter stuff.
MCG is a like a business. Nothing matters until results come forth. Sure, they may have worked on it, but means nothing until the glitches are fixed. It's like a company that has tried to get advertising out but has been stopped by tv networks and city regulations. They still lack advertising whether they have tried or not, and they will lose profits either way. (Or in the case of MCG, players)

Well they are definitely correct that they need more devs. I think at least 8-10 would be great. Let's hope some people apply.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was about to write a nihilistic comment but I decided against it.

I think there will always be problems with everything; if we don't find them, we'll make them. At the end of the day, you just need to ask yourself: is this entertaining? Am I having fun? And if the answer isn't clear, you might need to decide whether it's worth your time.

That's why we play video games, right?

Sebbbb

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, there may be many problems but mostly every server has problems. MCSG is aware and is constantly working to improve the game for us players. However, we should enjoy what we have and cherish all the fun you can have on the server despite some of its flaws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci