• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fixes for MCSG

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. NCP is a separate plugin
5. Lmao I doubt you can find someone to code something like anticheat
inb4 archy and gberry sell out and code for mcsg, but secretly make it so legit players are banned and hackers are claimed to be "legit".

everyone moves to badlion but the hackers

master plan

gg

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
WTF charliewolves just becuase I say your friend was auto clicking doesn't mean you have to delete my posts. "He was jittering" That's not at all how auto clicking anti cheat works. It detects the delay between your clicks not your cps. So if you get banned for auto clicking there is a 99.9% chance you were auto clicking because no one can time all there clicks perfectly multiple times...
Don't say anticheat is inaccurate for banning your friend who was "jittering." "He was getting 15 cps" so he got banned. No... Just no. He most likely was using auto click. If you delete my post one more time I will report you for abuse...

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
WTF charliewolves just becuase I say your friend was auto clicking doesn't mean you have to delete my posts. "He was jittering" That's not at all how auto clicking anti cheat works. It detects the delay between your clicks not your cps. So if you get banned for auto clicking there is a 99.9% chance you were auto clicking because no one can time all there clicks perfectly multiple times...
Don't say anticheat is inaccurate for banning your friend who was "jittering." "He was getting 15 cps" so he got banned. No... Just no. He most likely was using auto click. If you delete my post one more time I will report you for abuse...
Just a generic warning guys, try to keep flame and Arguing down to a MINIMUM on the forums :)

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
I
Just a generic warning guys, try to keep flame and Arguing down to a MINIMUM on the forums :)
Sell you're the one that called anticheat inaccurate for banning your friend who was "jittering". I'm sorry that I disagree with you...

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
1. I honestly fail to see how changing server numbers would help SG or make the majority of players happier. It's such a small thing, however, if it's something really important to the community I wouldn't mind bringing it up at all. :)

2. Clan battles will always be something to discuss and argue. Unfortunately, we more than likely don't have the funding to put forth to having 3 SG modes just to match players needs. It costs a LOT of money to host hundreds of separate servers. I think an easy compromise the developers could do is dedicating half the MCSG servers to clan battles, and maybe one fourth of the SoloSG servers to clan battles as a small trial to see how they perform. All in all, this would really make players happy, although it's a lot of work. I'm not sure on this, but maybe the developers already have something in the works they haven't mentioned.

I will bring this up in our next staff meeting though, and hopefully follow up with a reply for you. :)

3. AlpakaWhacker and others that help him with maps are always going through and adding, removing, & altering maps. Maps are a HUGE part of SG, and no matter what, they'll never be perfected because we all have different preferences and needs for certain maps. Our current maps in place are based off of what Alpaka feels is best for MCGamer.

4. I'll openly admit, Badlion anti-cheat is probably the best anti cheat any reputable PVP server has right now. They dedicated months into their anti cheat and got a perfect reaction. Unfortunately, not even staff members (mod's, at least) know what's happening in our developers' minds, so again, this might already be something in the works.

Considering this is always talked about in all suggestion threads, I'll ask for a status update at our next staff meeting.

5. No comment, read my reply to #4.

Hope my insight on this topic helped you and gives you some hope that these suggestions will be taken into prospect and MAYBE even implemented.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tormatic

Planetary

Career
Reaction score

Tiger Right now I feel like I should give you the gg12 smack, but I'm a nice guy.

Your first point was valid in my opinion.

Your second point was just eww... Let me explain:
Clan Battle servers are meant to find out who the better clan is. The "randoms" in the servers are basically "ruining" it in a sense, because a random player could just get a stone sword off of a chest and kill half of one team. Most likely, that team will lose that round, and if it is first to 5, you're already down a round due to a round based purely on luck. Another point that I have to go against this is: Some clans have the tendency to cheat by using other players. But if we have clan battle servers, cheating can't happen... amirite ;) ? The third reason for this is: Clan Battle servers make the game more fun, i.e. :

^That sceenshot was taken after Clan Wars Season 5. Curse vs. Triton.
What [clan] players DO NOT want clan battle servers?

---
Your third point... made me rethink if AIDS was an STD.

If Survival Games was about enjoying the view, then where does the "Survival" part come in? Anyway, it is partially about exploring the map, but for Clan War Season 5, players from each clan downloaded the map and explored chests that way, plus the underplayed maps are usually extremely long and most of us have a "patience fuse" that is this long: --
"--" is usually 7 to 10 minutes, not 20 - 30 minute games.

---
Any way,
By arguing with us, it shows that you are listening, but if you listen and note what we're saying, shouldn't you find ways of improving or clarifying the idea? In my eyes, you were explaining the cons of the idea...

Tiger Divux AlpakaWhacker @Mods

elmagarate

Platinum
Reaction score
Wells let's start off MCSG survival games have been death for a while now. Here are some simple fixes that can aim for a more enjoyable experiences

1. Fixing server numbers
/server sg2728 /server sg766 The numbers are all
Messed up. Making weird for everyone for Back when everyone played /server sg1
/server sg2 Little things like this make the server more fun.
2. Clan battle servers
The clan community And More than half of MCSG. Clans battle each other to see who's better, Clans are not dead for reasons. Clan events as of scrims, battles. A lot of people don't play MCSG but play clan battles. I highly believe making a clan battle section for just clans would show how MCSG listens. It shows that they care about the community, Why this will help MCSG is because every 3 months there is a event called "Clan wars" Hosted by Techaton Which is a event Hosted that is planned and fun for everyone, People from the death come back just to play in clan wars. What if every clan battle could be like that. No randoms, or hackers, anything to ruin the experience. I feel pulling this into the system will make everyone happy.
3. Removing unplayed maps. Ever seen those maps that our never played. They are not played because they are not "PVP Friendly" Making it weird to fight people in small or tight spaces, MCSG should make polls to keep current maps.
4. NCP
We all know the NCP is messed up badlion puts effort into there NCP which makes it a ton more fun for anyone, This simple change can be make a lot of impact, changing our games are played out.
5. The community
This relates to NCP.
Old players don't play anymore, reasons too many hackers or Teams or anything, In my opinion SoloSG failed. A way to fix this is would be having better NCP, MCSG would be like badlion it will auto ban people will Detected clients reducing hackers. Which will be a change MCSG has wanted for a LONG TIME.
Anyway thanks for reading all dis, MCSG plz fix

1. I agree with bringing back the old style of joining sg servers. Personally it would feel nostalgic. It would remind me of the old MCSG :') I also wouldn't mind having the signs back as the main way to join servers instead of the current beacon and the /server join command even though they are both pretty effective.

2. I don't really know to much about clans. I'm just gonna leave this subject alone.

3. I agree that MCSG should create straw polls to see what maps MCSG should remove. I think that it's a pretty good idea to get more feedback from the community.

4. I'll be honest I know you said the current badlion NCP is better to play on but it's a really ping based NCP tbh. And not just that but some users get no knockback depending on their ping. But I think MCSG's old NCP is amazing though. People actually GOT KNOCKBACK unlike the current NCP, where it still feels like i'm playing on 1.8.

5. Honestly for me the thing that drives me away from playing on MCSG is the INSANE amount of hackers MCSG currently has. I know that MCSG is worried that some users will get banned falsely. But tbh it's better to be safe than sorry. The teams don't really bug me to much it's just that with MCSG's current knockback system, fighting teams has become a pain.

And something else that I feel like I need to state is that there needs to be a new developer hired. Because the current ones fix things very slowly. They focus more on adding more and more features rather than fixing the current features that they have.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
*-
Survival Games aren't all about PvP. Take some time to explore the map.
Jusser edited version: Survival used to be not all about PvP.

Once upon a time, maps were made with incredibly vast dimensions and plenty of secrets. Things like traps, secrets and fullness was an essential part of Survival Games, since the gamemode was derived from the Hunger Games film series. The point was to survive and hope that the map doesn't kill you before a player does. It was an exciting and enthrilling experience: to PLAY hunger games.

Fast forward four ish years: It's changed a lot. Clans started popping up, players started getting more competitive with the introduction of skilled youtubers and players. Everyone wanted to become better at pvp; having the best advantage in a game of 24 was critical. Games became more fast paced, as smaller maps were more popular because players simply didn't want to wait 10 minutes to find someone. They could be anywhere, the maps were too full and large so you wouldn't ever know where they were. Stats became increasingly more important; you wouldn't want to lose a game by falling into a trap or by not knowing where anything is.

In an effort to reduce boredom more than anything, the smaller, quicker paced maps became popular at the expense of the bigger maps. Having smaller maps with more chests meant games would go by quicker, leading to a lot less boredom.

As a map maker I see that really the purpose of maps is no longer to be explored and experienced as a good build, but instead a glorified fight-to-the-death arena that might happen to look nice. If the map doesn't make the player want to fight, they won't like it. Besides, players aren't gonna just waddle around a map to explore it; they'll get killed that way! They run around so they can find chests as fast as possible, so they can fight as fast as possible.

tl;dr Read the damn post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci