• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FIX THIS CHAT PLUGIN SO ANNOYING!!

RvngeOG

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm sure everyone has noticed this.. its been around for a while, and couldn't be bothered to make a thread.

Everytime you type something, then type something again, you have to wait like 10 seconds. WHAT? And sometimes, I have to literally relog out of lazyness to be able to type another message.

I understand its meant for preventing spam, but at least allow us DONORS, to be able to type without sitting there and waiting 7 seconds to type the next message. If a donor spams and abuses it, his fault if he gets muted/banned/reported whatever.

It could also encourage more donations, this used to be on hive lol, in the hub you had to wait like 10-15 seconds to type a message. At least hive had the decency to remove that if you had a rank.

:)

RvngeOG

Diamond
Reaction score
For those who are mods are probably going to say this is lag, it's not.
You wouldn't know because you have the Moderator rank.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Um... I never heard of this. The only time the chat was on slow mode recently was when every server was down besides MCGamer and the Devs put it on cause of flood and spam was too much to handle.

Before you go say "omg its cause you are a map maker" keep in mind I am a donor on an alt, and was a donor on this account just a few months ago. If you notice something coming up saying you can't type, it is because that hub is in slow mode for some reason or another. If not, just report it as a bug. Yes, I did see your post about "it's not lag" how do you know it isn't lag? Have you checked a speed test, or ping your internet to MCGamer? Has anyone else reported this?

RvngeOG

Diamond
Reaction score
Um... I never heard of this. The only time the chat was on slow mode recently was when every server was down besides MCGamer and the Devs put it on cause of flood and spam was too much to handle.

Before you go say "omg its cause you are a map maker" keep in mind I am a donor on an alt, and was a donor on this account just a few months ago. If you notice something coming up saying you can't type, it is because that hub is in slow mode for some reason or another. If not, just report it as a bug. Yes, I did see your post about "it's not lag" how do you know it isn't lag? Have you checked a speed test, or ping your internet to MCGamer? Has anyone else reported this?
I'm not sure if it was back then "a few months ago"; you can go on your donor alt now and have a look if you want.
It's not a bug, it's just set that way.
It is not lag. I get a 25 to 50 ping max, even if it was up to 200 ping, you wouldn't notice any chat delay.
And I do speedtests all the time, fibre optic 100 down 80 up.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
The reason this is a thing, is like you said to prevent spam in the hub. The hub is already pretty crowded with people flooding and spamming the chat.
Also doesn't matter that you are a donator.

• All ranks and people are treated the same and have to follow the same rules.
  • Sadly, even donors break the rules.
The chat filter/plugin is there for a reason.

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
The reason this is a thing, is like you said to prevent spam in the hub. The hub is already pretty crowded with people flooding and spamming the chat.
Also doesn't matter that you are a donator.

• All ranks and people are treated the same and have to follow the same rules.
  • Sadly, even donors break the rules.
The chat filter/plugin is there for a reason.
But why have wait so long? Mods in hub all time.....

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
But why have wait so long? Mods in hub all time.....
Moderators do not have to wait since they have to warn people.
If multiple people break the rules, they have to warn both of them.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh you are talking about the "you can't type that fast" thing xD Yeah it's annoying, my response to every time I get it "Yes mcgamer I can type that fast ;-;"

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
Moderators do not have to wait since they have to warn people.
If multiple people break the rules, they have to warn both of them.
No I meant mods can warn ppl spam without chat thing happen

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Completely agreed. This was the most annoying thing when I was just a normal donor.

+1

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean.. it's not 7 seconds.. it's like 3 seconds
I get that it's annoying but it is a preventative against spam and mods can't be in every server at once telling people to stop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci