• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

fishing rod does damage

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
This is actually not true, the reason extra damage is applied when using the rod in battle is due to a secondary non-critical hit after the inital critical hit, which launches them into the air, therefore opening them up to a large height disadvantage. This height disadvantage after the first hit allows the rodder (player getting the combo) to get a very unrealistic hit, that many do not realise while panicking in mid air. It is very hard to realise this happening, which is why many mistake it for the rod actually doing damage, but for the rod to actually do damage after applying a hit would mean that minecraft developers actually implemented the rod for combat use, unless of course MCSG dev's added their own plugin. I find it very hard to believe that the Minecraft developers added in some code to make the fishing rod a combat assisting tool, but if they did, there will be some information about it. I would be open to your theory if there were actual logic to back it up, unfortunately Minecraft is a building game and the developers only ever see it that way, why would they add in code to a tool that is used for fishing and turn it into something 'more', if they did do this then they would make a note of it in game.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
THATS HOW I KEPT ACCIDENTALLY DAMAGING MY FRIEND.

I would randomly do that to my teammate while we were controlling spawn or something and he would always complain that my rod did damage and i thought he was lying till now. Thanks for this.

Tom

Experienced
Reaction score
Wow, how come I never knew this :eek:

sach117

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok whatever you say but the illusion is it looks like the rod does damage.

sach117

Tribute
Reaction score
I'd like to know how much knockback the silent hit does.
Sword kb or rod kb... or maybe in the middle? o_o
It happens during the rod hit so your fishing rod line that knocks them back basically does half a heart at the same time, sorry for late reply.

RexTor

Spectator
Reaction score
Great post for those who want to learn some pvp tricks.

Quavel

Diamond
Reaction score
Does this still work? Seems awesomely interesting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci