• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Filter GG.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me because I usually just /hub instantly when I die...

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
It took me a while, but I found the ultimate solution. Add /ignore as a command! Essentailly when you /ignore [name] you will no long see anything they type and at least for me, when I used it on other servers I found it very satisfying to /ignore some nub who was being annoying.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
There are only a few times I say gg. The first is when I am fighting a team of more than 2 and I beat them all. I don't say gg 2ez, or gg get wrkt scrub. Just gg. No capitalization either. For some reason, GG makes me think of it in a bad way. The only other time I say gg is at the end of a game, but only to bad players. When I win a game against a well-known good pvper, I tend to not say gg, just because they will probably yell at me for it in the lobby. It is said that people have made gg into what it is today. The only reason it is like that is because of the people who won't let it go (Alpha). If everyone just stopped thinking of it as get good, then maybe we wouldn't have this problem.

Honestly, that is dumb. People say gg because it is quick and simple to type. No one is going to waste that much time saying good game, because everyone should know that gg is the same thing. If they don't wanna take it that way, then sucks for them.
Are you saying that I'm a whiny kid or frozen is best

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
GG doesn't annoy me in the slightest. What does annoy me is people getting so worked up over it. For God's sake, its just two letters.
Some people are rude, you can't change that, but I rarely see GG being used in a derogatory manner. People tend to focus on the negative use rather than the positive. Blocking a minor thing like GG will not change a thing.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
I dont really find it much of a problem, unless i get tryharded off corn by 23 people and get fisted a corner and they all spam GG.

But to fix the problem why not just have the word GG changed to something like:

Nice Fight! :)
You're pretty good!

or something like that

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
In my opinion, GG is an offensive abbreviation.. I mean, if such abbreviation is been called several times for being disrespectful, why not make a filter? Most wouldn't agree, but give and get? People will stop complaining about GG, and, to those who had enough of complains, will stop seeing them. If those who simply do not care, I am more than positive they would careless if this word was filtered.

Now, if this was implemented, every word with double g will be filtered. Funny, we used to have an MCSG map with a double g word; Rugged Lands. But, not that there is many useful words with double g.

*note* Not that I find GG much of a problem, but I like basing facts on what others have said. This been said, if people want something, I won't disagree in the slightest in their suggestion as its just a give and take thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci