• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Favorite football/soccer team?

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Legia warsaw <3
World's best supporters.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can't stand watching it, so long and not enough action. That's why I play basketball and futbol americano.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can't stand watching it, so long and not enough action. That's why I play basketball and futbol americano.
Football is a good spectator sport, especially if you play it and can appreciate the skill and read the game. And how can you say football is long and boring if you like american football, which goes on for as long as 4 hours an has loads of breaks and changes of lineup?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Football is a good spectator sport, especially if you play it and can appreciate the skill and read the game. And how can you say football is long and boring if you like american football, which goes on for as long as 4 hours an has loads of breaks and changes of lineup?
I think the action in soccer/football is very repetitive. The ball goes back and forth many times before big plays and scoring happen. I like watching highlights to get the best stuff but I can't watch a full game. With American football there is constant high action with big tackles and explosive plays. The action in it is also more varied because of the massive amounts of different plays on defense and offense. Also, games are 3 hours on average, mostly because of commercials honestly. Without TV commercials a game is more 1.5-2 hours, maybe even 1 for younger kids.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
I think the action in soccer/football is very repetitive. The ball goes back and forth many times before big plays and scoring happen. I like watching highlights to get the best stuff but I can't watch a full game. With American football there is constant high action with big tackles and explosive plays. The action in it is also more varied because of the massive amounts of different plays on defense and offense. Also, games are 3 hours on average, mostly because of commercials honestly. Without TV commercials a game is more 1.5-2 hours, maybe even 1 for younger kids.
I think that American football is kind of boring to watch. 1/2 of the time the team is getting ready for plays and there are timeouts and stuff. Also, a lot of the game is commercials. In soccer, there are literally NO commercials (except for halftime). The clock never stops. So a soccer game lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, while a football game last 3 to 4 hours. I like both soccer and football, but I just can't stand watching football for more than 1 hour because of the pauses and commercials.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think that American football is kind of boring to watch. 1/2 of the time the team is getting ready for plays and there are timeouts and stuff. Also, a lot of the game is commercials. In soccer, there are literally NO commercials (except for halftime). The clock never stops. So a soccer game lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, while a football game last 3 to 4 hours. I like both soccer and football, but I just can't stand watching football for more than 1 hour because of the pauses and commercials.
It's pretty fast paced when its non professional. My high school team takes like 10 seconds in between plays. The commercials are irritating. I just feel like when I watch soccer nothing is happening.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
It's pretty fast paced when its non professional. My high school team takes like 10 seconds in between plays. The commercials are irritating. I just feel like when I watch soccer nothing is happening.
Ya but they don't really show high school football on tv, do they :p Also, I forgot to mention than soccer is the most popular sport in the world:

When I go visit relatives in Europe, most of them think football is like rugby or something. If you think about it, mostly Americans follow football. In some countries in the world (like Spain) soccer is so popular that they treat it almost like a religion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci