• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(Fairy Talse/White Mountains/Untitled): SG Map [60%]

How's the map?

• At this rate, it's totally getting accepted!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • With some changes, I think you have a good chance.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • How about just for like 48 player servers?

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nah, its bad, this won't get accepted. Needs tons of changes.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarmax5

Career
Reaction score
Untitled Map!
Made for: 24 Players, 48 Players, 120 Players (Maybe)
Radius: 300 Blocks
Medieval Landscape
Inspired by book: White Mountains
Screenshots (No Shaders, Default):
Mountains

Spawn Village (In need of new cornucopia ideas)

Wilderness

Castle

Town

Overhead

Please post ideas, pros, and cons! We are always looking for advice!​

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I like how it looks - it reminds me a lot of Cube World, a game that's like a cross between Legend of Zelda and Minecraft. (Zaex)

However, as a Survival Games map? Ehh..
The terraforming is pretty iffy, and looks very uniform. Nothing particularly exciting about it, it's all rounded and bland.
The trees look pretty copy/pasta, as well. I do realize that they're not all exactly the same, but so many of them are just so similar.
The buildings, while nice, aren't particularly special. It's a common building style, with very little to make it stand out from your average Steve's build.
Also, do you have any screenshots of examples of the interiors? While from the outside the buildings look nice, the inside could be completely empty and we would never know without downloading it.

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
It seems a bit like fortress pyke without water. Maybe want to add a little pzazle if you know what I mean ;)

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Might need some more buildings scattered around, and maybe more variety of buildings. Also, trees look copy/pasted, and could use a central, big tree possibly for orienteering.

meblubs23

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't like the terraforming but I love the buldings. The only downside for me is that it looks like another medieval map (although it may not be but it's just that it looks that way).

UnderSeaGirl

Diamond
Reaction score
It's not bad looking and the buildings are good, but except for the spawn and the castle, there isn't really anything special in the map, except for forest.
Plus, the terraforming looks kind of weird, like circles in some parts..
I would suggest to change the terraforming a bit and maybe find something that would make this map special, compared to other maps, that are medieval. :3

Zarmax5

Career
Reaction score
It's not bad looking and the buildings are good, but except for the spawn and the castle, there isn't really anything special in the map, except for forest.
Plus, the terraforming looks kind of weird, like circles in some parts..
I would suggest to change the terraforming a bit and maybe find something that would make this map special, compared to other maps, that are medieval. :3
I appreciate the advice, but I don't understand all this talk about terraforming. I purposely made the levels large so it would be easier to travel and PvP on. Would you rather I make it like Castle Dracula, because I easily could, but it would be named as like the worst PvP map ever. If you think about it, SG4 is completely flat, and there is about 5 times more terraforming on this compared to SG4. The whole outside of the map is covered by mountains and there are 3 giant mountains in the map. What is the problem with the terraforming!!!!!?

P.S. We have listened to all the ideas about the forests and such, and we will be filling the map with more buildings. Also, we will be making more Alien Tripods to make this map more special. (More on that later) Thanks everyone, I don't mean to act so angry but the terraforming took so long, and I purposely made it like that.

UnderSeaGirl

Diamond
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice, but I don't understand all this talk about terraforming. I purposely made the levels large so it would be easier to travel and PvP on. Would you rather I make it like Castle Dracula, because I easily could, but it would be named as like the worst PvP map ever. If you think about it, SG4 is completely flat, and there is about 5 times more terraforming on this compared to SG4. The whole outside of the map is covered by mountains and there are 3 giant mountains in the map. What is the problem with the terraforming!!!!!?

P.S. We have listened to all the ideas about the forests and such, and we will be filling the map with more buildings. Also, we will be making more Alien Tripods to make this map more special. (More on that later) Thanks everyone, I don't mean to act so angry but the terraforming took so long, and I purposely made it like that.
It is not bad and for pvp it would be great, i know, but it looks too smooth, do you know what I mean? :3

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
New Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci