• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

eZ, Rekt, gg10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's hard to think of how words such as "rekt" could affect someone to the degree that it does. For one, the person isn't even spelling "wrecked" correctly. Also, the only reason people do it is to provoke a response.

When you win a game, say of soccer or chess, you sometimes get this manner about you that says "Yeah, I won, and I'm better than you." Almost everyone gets that sort of attitude. In many many cases, this is the same type of response and attitude. "gg rekt" is their way of saying "I won, and you didn't, and I'm better than you."

I do agree, though that it can be very annoying, and sometimes irritating to the point that you do want to say something. Just remember, don't respond in a way that will get you in trouble.

Bottom line is, this has been addressed several times by staff, the community, and across all sorts of events and forums. I'm sorry that I have to say this, but this will not be added to our rules and it will not be filtered in the near future.
Being honest, if I was a moderator I would lock this thread.
I would, considering rule #3 applies:

3. Do not replicate or repost a thread: It is very irritating having to respond with the same response to multiple threads about the same thing.

• Please use the search function to see if a topic have already been posted before you post a thread. Previous threads might have already answered/responded to the thread you plan on posting.
  • If a previous thread has been locked or deleted for a reason, do not bring it back up. If you are curious about why a thread was locked or deleted, ask a moderator.
I see, lets say, 2-3 threads of these a month? I think we've already sufficed enough reasons on why these words are not bannable and most likely won't be.

Here are some of the reasons:
-Blocking GG will make words or usernames as Soggypickle, or any word from these list blocked: http://www.scrabblefinder.com/contains/gg/
-Blocking Ez or Rekt would also block other users names, but also these terms are only slang. Only if someone is harassing you multiple times with them, it becomes punishable.
-As I said, these terms are only gaming slang. Block them here, you will probably hear them too on other communities.
QA;TL, have a great day c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci