• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

eZ, Rekt, gg10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeantHacks

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Sergeant and i want to suggest something wich alot of players will like.
So, i want to suggest it is bannable for saying gg eZ and stuff like that.
Becaus i get this alot when i get killed by a team.
Let's say a double team in full iron kills me when i have full chain, they say eZ or rekt or something like that.
I can really get mad becaus of that. I really think it should be bannable.
Maybe not a Perm. Ban, but maybe a 12 hours ban or 24 hours. or a kick.
Here is a video of PrivateFearless who gets really mad becaus of it.
Well he mostly gets mad becaus of targeting. But there are also clips of people saying eZ atfer they killed him.
Video:
Let me know what you think of this suggestion.
This is only my opinion please don't hate.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
I asked this question during the first Focus Group Q&A. This was Dave's answer. "If we added GG, Rekt, gg10 to the swear filter, then people like soggypickle would turn into soypickle..."

QA; RTL Already asked, won't happen.
MoLoToV Jodimo

Last edited:

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I asked this question during the first Focus Group Q&A. This was Dave's answer. "If we added GG, Rekt, gg10 to the swear filter, then people like soggypickle would turn into soypickle..."

QA; RTL Already asked, won't happen.
Zaex Kingbutcess
Maybe instead of adding a filter just make it bannable? Except for "gg", there's nothing wrong with that.

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
It's hard to think of how words such as "rekt" could affect someone to the degree that it does. For one, the person isn't even spelling "wrecked" correctly. Also, the only reason people do it is to provoke a response.

When you win a game, say of soccer or chess, you sometimes get this manner about you that says "Yeah, I won, and I'm better than you." Almost everyone gets that sort of attitude. In many many cases, this is the same type of response and attitude. "gg rekt" is their way of saying "I won, and you didn't, and I'm better than you."

I do agree, though that it can be very annoying, and sometimes irritating to the point that you do want to say something. Just remember, don't respond in a way that will get you in trouble.

Bottom line is, this has been addressed several times by staff, the community, and across all sorts of events and forums. I'm sorry that I have to say this, but this will not be added to our rules and it will not be filtered in the near future.

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
Dave said that "rekt" has never been against the rules and never will be.
He said this during his livestream.

SergeantHacks

Tribute
Reaction score
It's hard to think of how words such as "rekt" could affect someone to the degree that it does. For one, the person isn't even spelling "wrecked" correctly. Also, the only reason people do it is to provoke a response.

When you win a game, say of soccer or chess, you sometimes get this manner about you that says "Yeah, I won, and I'm better than you." Almost everyone gets that sort of attitude. In many many cases, this is the same type of response and attitude. "gg rekt" is their way of saying "I won, and you didn't, and I'm better than you."

I do agree, though that it can be very annoying, and sometimes irritating to the point that you do want to say something. Just remember, don't respond in a way that will get you in trouble.

Bottom line is, this has been addressed several times by staff, the community, and across all sorts of events and forums. I'm sorry that I have to say this, but this will not be added to our rules and it will not be filtered in the near future.
Thanks for your advice.

BoostMeGaming

Diamond
Reaction score
You can just leave right after you die so you can't see what they're saying..

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Being honest, if I was a moderator I would lock this thread.
I would, considering rule #3 applies:

3. Do not replicate or repost a thread: It is very irritating having to respond with the same response to multiple threads about the same thing.

• Please use the search function to see if a topic have already been posted before you post a thread. Previous threads might have already answered/responded to the thread you plan on posting.
  • If a previous thread has been locked or deleted for a reason, do not bring it back up. If you are curious about why a thread was locked or deleted, ask a moderator.
I see, lets say, 2-3 threads of these a month? I think we've already sufficed enough reasons on why these words are not bannable and most likely won't be.

Here are some of the reasons:
-Blocking GG will make words or usernames as Soggypickle, or any word from these list blocked: http://www.scrabblefinder.com/contains/gg/
-Blocking Ez or Rekt would also block other users names, but also these terms are only slang. Only if someone is harassing you multiple times with them, it becomes punishable.
-As I said, these terms are only gaming slang. Block them here, you will probably hear them too on other communities.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Most people that say stuff like this are doing it to provoke people deliberately and as such are often in multi-teams, or hacking, thus making it unfair for the opponent. It's somewhat like a game of football (soccer type) where the opposition goes around trying to break your players legs, or scores the winner with a handball, and then goes up to you and rubs it in your face. It's not just cocky, it's downright provocation, and it often works. It has made a lot of people quit SG, which speaks for how strongly some people can react to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci