• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

EU Cleansweep Week 4 Results!

Have you seen a reduced number of hackers on the EU network?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice! But US (especially the quarter quell minigame) is getting really bad.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
This is great results but I have an idea what will bring better results. It is very simple. Host the Cleansweeps from about 11 GMT to 1GMT. There is a lot more hackers on at this time, the reason: I am not being racist in slightest here but lets face it... a lot of Russians hack and this is afternoon time for them, therefore this is when they are more active. Want definitive proof of this, I have played 4 games this morning and I am not joking when I say this.. there was 9 hackers. I have recordings of everyone of them.

I know this seems like a great idea in theory, but the big problem with this is actually getting staff member on at this time, most are in school/ college/ Uni. This is where we need initiative from the community, even if one EU mod could get on at that time you could host a Cleansweep if there was enough interest from members of the community. We could just record and upload and the mod can ban the offenders.

I'm not sure if you will take this into consideration, but I thought I would throw the idea out there anyway.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I am really happy with the results so far. A whopping 780+ Hackers banned. That is amazing, I participated in one of these events and not only can I say it was a great event, but the friendliness of the other staff including AlpakaWhacker was very good. I recommend everyone to jump on TeamSpeak sometime and join this fast-moving event. I cannot be more proud of the event organizer's and the non-staff members of the community participating. You are what this community needs, this is a step in the right direction.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
This is great results but I have an idea what will bring better results. It is very simple. Host the Cleansweeps from about 11 GMT to 1GMT. There is a lot more hackers on at this time, the reason: I am not being racist in slightest here but lets face it... a lot of Russians hack and this is afternoon time for them, therefore this is when they are more active. Want definitive proof of this, I have played 4 games this morning and I am not joking when I say this.. there was 9 hackers. I have recordings of everyone of them.

I know this seems like a great idea in theory, but the big problem with this is actually getting staff member on at this time, most are in school/ college/ Uni. This is where we need initiative from the community, even if one EU mod could get on at that time you could host a Cleansweep if there was enough interest from members of the community. We could just record and upload and the mod can ban the offenders.

I'm not sure if you will take this into consideration, but I thought I would throw the idea out there anyway.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely bring it up to the rest of the participants.

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
I have played 4 games this morning and I am not joking when I say this.. there was 9 hackers.
That's nothing :p

On another note, I think it's great that these cleansweeps are being done, but I'm not really noticing a difference and I feel like I'm encountering more hackers than ever atm :c

SpartanDudeFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't really care who replies to my comment, but this "cleansweep" thing only tells me mods are only getting hacker on certain times. I believe that if moderators have the time to get hackers.. then they go after hackers. There is no point to this cleansweep thing except for making a bunch of threads about it to make it seem like things are actually happening.

Michal05710k

Survivor
Reaction score
Woop woop, this is great.
Helped out myself a bit, got to do more though way too many hackers on Eu :/
So yea keep up the good work!
:)

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't really care who replies to my comment, but this "cleansweep" thing only tells me mods are only getting hacker on certain times. I believe that if moderators have the time to get hackers.. then they go after hackers. There is no point to this cleansweep thing except for making a bunch of threads about it to make it seem like things are actually happening.
The point of this "cleansweep thing" is to try and motivate and organize both staff and the community to make a concerted effort to deal with the hacker problem on EU. If you don't like it, then ignore it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci