• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ender pearls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skremingpanda

Spectator
Reaction score
It would be nice to add ender pearls into chests.....as far as i know there not(i may be wrong) but it would be a great feature. you can get into hard to get places easier and catching up to people and escaping from people also would work.

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah, right now you can just get them from endermen. I don't think they should be added to chests, I think they should just get rid of them all together. Mainly because I believe if you do kill and enderman and get a pearl, you can climb to the highest skyscraper on map2 and loft a pearl over the glass dome, thus making you outside the map. Pretty much I think they will be used to get into places your not allowed :/

B

bigmike4life

That would be very unfair because you could just tp away.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
I think enderpearls are an interesting mechanic to the game. I haven't seen the thing Valorman1 mentions, where they're used to exploit the map. If that possibility could somehow be removed, i definitely think that the enderpearls should stay. Killing an enderman is hard, and they don't even drop them that often. I think it is nice to reward players who do, with a one-use teleport only to use when escaping or initiating.

IMO i think it's OK for some stuff to be overpowered, as long as it is hard as.. something, to get to. (Where as the diamond swords are more random than hard to get)

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
I haven't seen the thing Valorman1 mentions, where they're used to exploit the map.
Here is an example of somone doing it: http://minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/enderpearls.2031/

If they could move the glass? or make it so you can't reach it with enderpearls then I guess they would be ok, but I still think they shouldn't be in chests, you make a good point on how it is very hard to get by killing endermen. It's a good reward for doing so.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with Krasso. So that if you throw an enderpearl it teleports you there, unless it lands outside the dome or on top of the dome walls. In that case you lose the enderpearl for trying to escape and cheat.

Another solution would be to make the roof of the dome completely flat, because it is at the highest point. I know there is a chest at that level, but it wouldn't be very difficult to just move it down 1 or 2 blocks.

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
Here is an example of somone doing it: http://minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/enderpearls.2031/

If they could move the glass? or make it so you can't reach it with enderpearls then I guess they would be ok, but I still think they shouldn't be in chests, you make a good point on how it is very hard to get by killing endermen. It's a good reward for doing so.
By someone he means me <3

They are very rare, and very overpowered. If you do manage to get one, you can use it for a tactical advantage, sure, but how many people are actually going to do that? If anything, they'll just try to exploit it or never even touch it. Very few people are going to have a legit reason to use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci