• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Enchantments ruined Minecraft?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Idk, it seems every day, Minecraft is loosing it's originality based on all of the "new" features Mojang comes out with. I miss the original alpha days of pure Minecraft survival. What is your opinions with the changes?

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, I like the hunger bar. If you fall and have fall-damage, you can regenerate easily and it's not a problem. I like that. I've always been a strong hater of the Enchantment table and XP since day 1, though. I feel like it didn't really add anything to the feel of the game; it only took away a lot from the feel of the game. It was a little too complicated. If you played on a PVP server, even if you had a diamond sword, someone could easily kill you with their iron fire sword. It's too complicated. The little things like writing in books, or stacking food, and such are nice little improvements. I think the enchantment table was too far of a leap for a lot of minecraft users, including myself.

Extractor

Spectator
Reaction score
Well, I like the hunger bar. If you fall and have fall-damage, you can regenerate easily and it's not a problem. I like that. I've always been a strong hater of the Enchantment table and XP since day 1, though. I feel like it didn't really add anything to the feel of the game; it only took away a lot from the feel of the game. It was a little too complicated. If you played on a PVP server, even if you had a diamond sword, someone could easily kill you with their iron fire sword. It's too complicated. The little things like writing in books, or stacking food, and such are nice little improvements. I think the enchantment table was too far of a leap for a lot of minecraft users, including myself.
I agree with you that enchanting and XP was a bad call. It really was. And I also believe that the End was a bad call too. I mean, I kinda like Endermen, but they take away from the flow of the game. When you go out at night in minecraft, clutching your sword or bow, its more fun if you see creatures that you recognize. For Endermen, I remember saying "What?" The End REALLY has no point. The Ender Eggs do nothing. XP is an OKAY reward, but come on! I want better than that! End Stone has NO use! Its only purpose is for decor! And even then, its not very good decor. IMPROVE THE END MOJANG!! :D

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If by endereggs you mean enderpearls, they are extreemly useful at getting away fom enemies because of their teleportation ability .

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
My opinions on the while XP thing are kind of neutral. Other than that I really like all the updates :)

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
If by endereggs you mean enderpearls, they are extreemly useful at getting away fom enemies because of their teleportation ability .
I think he means the ender dragon egg that you get when you kill the dragon.

Has all the meaningless content recently added by Mojang ruined Minecraft? Yes.

But has Enchanting ruined Minecraft? Heck no! The Enchanting/Potion system is what bridged the gap into a real PvP game. Before, when two people in full diamond fought it was pretty much whoevers computer was the least laggy would win. Now, thanks to Enchanting, there is a whole other dimension to PvP. No longer can you be evenly matched by having the strongest armor, now you can upgrade the armor, giving you further protection and swords that can knock your opponent back, set them on fire, and deal more damage. Its because of Enchanting that Minecraft PvP servers are fun to play on, simple as that.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Idk, it seems every day, Minecraft is loosing it's originality based on all of the "new" features Mojang comes out with. I miss the original alpha days of pure Minecraft survival. What is your opinions with the changes?
You mean, Jeb puts in.

Jeb needs to be controlled.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
You mean, Jeb puts in.

Jeb needs to be controlled.
Yea its partly Jeb, and partly the new Bukkit team. I can tell that they got all excited about actually being able to change Minecraft, and started adding features they always wanted. They need to focus on the Mod API, nothing is more important. I don't care about cocoa bean plants that look like zits growing on the Jungle Trees.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think he means the ender dragon egg that you get when you kill the dragon.

Has all the meaningless content recently added by Mojang ruined Minecraft? Yes.

But has Enchanting ruined Minecraft? Heck no! The Enchanting/Potion system is what bridged the gap into a real PvP game. Before, when two people in full diamond fought it was pretty much whoevers computer was the least laggy would win. Now, thanks to Enchanting, there is a whole other dimension to PvP. No longer can you be evenly matched by having the strongest armor, now you can upgrade the armor, giving you further protection and swords that can knock your opponent back, set them on fire, and deal more damage. Its because of Enchanting that Minecraft PvP servers are fun to play on, simple as that.
Its not who is laggiest. I played on a pvp server before the enchantments and 1.9 and even sprint for a while and i was a boss because i could fight better then other players, not because we all lagged too much or i had better connection.

ADHDTurtle

Spectator
Reaction score
I used to play on a PvP server with custom supernatural plugins that allowed class with special abilities and what not. The server was really fun until a group named SPARTA came around with up to 4 blaze spawners with automatic grinders that gave TONS of exp. So they would stomp around the map with sharp 5 fire 2 killing everyone until most of us got sick of it and quit. Now my town and I usually play Tekkit or League of Legends. I am hoping to get them hooked on this this weekend

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think people here are forgetting that you can enchant other tools to make them more affective, which i believed incresed gameplay.

GokRix

Spectator
Reaction score
I love the new updates for some reason.... especially the hunger bar! Don't ask me why...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci