• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Enable Swear Words

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
well theres not 2 many younger kids on the forums :p.
But regardless, there still is a portion of "younger kids" remaining around the forums and in-game and not only is it not quite appropriate and mature of us to simply enable a swear filter, but it would only produce more havoc and mishaps.

According to a general lot of threads and discussions made by the community itself, MCGamer already maintains enough toxicity in the community and this wouldn't exactly assist anything if we were to attempt to reduce toxicity as a whole.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But regardless, there still is a portion of "younger kids" remaining around the forums and in-game and not only is it not quite appropriate and mature of us to simply enable a swear filter, but it would only produce more havoc and mishaps.

According to a general lot of threads and discussions made by the community itself, MCGamer already maintains enough toxicity in the community and this wouldn't exactly assist anything if we were to attempt to reduce toxicity as a whole.
i like the old school runescape community because people can swear but no one abuses it.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Swearing has gotten to a point in society were it is on the verge of being acceptable. However, most cuss words should not be permitted on the in-game network. However, I do feel like swearing should be allowed to an extent on TeamSpeak. Dropping the f word every so often isn't going to hurt anyone, especially those who have gone to public school for upwards of 6 years. In-game, however, is where everyone is. If someone is cussing there, the possibility of a young child seeing it is high. If it is bleeped out, most people know what you're saying, so showing it would be meaningless and only harmful. Look at it like a TV show: they blurt out cuss words so that parents get the idea of what is being said, but the kids who may be watching the show with their parents don't learn anything.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Swearing has gotten to a point in society were it is on the verge of being acceptable. However, most cuss words should not be permitted on the in-game network. However, I do feel like swearing should be allowed to an extent on TeamSpeak. Dropping the f word every so often isn't going to hurt anyone, especially those who have gone to public school for upwards of 6 years. In-game, however, is where everyone is. If someone is cussing there, the possibility of a young child seeing it is high. If it is bleeped out, most people know what you're saying, so showing it would be meaningless and only harmful. Look at it like a TV show: they blurt out cuss words so that parents get the idea of what is being said, but the kids who may be watching the show with their parents don't learn anything.
Mods are cold hearted on teamspeak. They ban left and right mercilessly.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Mods are cold hearted on teamspeak. They ban left and right mercilessly.
Sadly, I agree. I use to be that way to, but from a community member perspective it's out of control. I love mods for what they do, but TS swearing isn't that big of a problem since most kids on there are older.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci