• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donor Only SG servers (Read all plZ)

Would you like to see this idea on the servers!

• Yes!

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No.

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
FIRST OF ALL, READ THIS WHOLE THREAD AND THEN PLEASE, CHOOSE AN OPTION IN THE POLL ABOVE THE THREAD. HAVE A NICE READ!

Hello guys, so this is Nick back, once again, with a new thread, my 6th I believe...
So, a few days ago, I had this extremely cool idea that, in my opinion, could help the servers get a few more donations.
Let me explain.
So, I basically thought that they could implement some donor-only SG servers that would, obviously, require a Premium rank of any sort to get the player to play.
These servers, in my opinion, would have not to be in a big quantity (10 to 20 servers should do it), and shall not have any statistics. Yes, exactly. These would be just servers to play only to challenge people's selves, because, let's face it, usually people who donated are people who have bigger experience than other people on the network, as they've most likely spent more time, so they'll defenetely know the maps, a variety of strategies etc...
I feel like these could be extremely cool for Youtubers to record on, or for people to simply play.
The reason why I said they shall not have any statistics, is so that people don't ignore them, because most of people who care about statistics would play the normal SG servers/SoloSG ones.
Also, these servers shall have forbidden teams, just like the SoloSG servers.
I believe that this idea is really cool, I know not everybody has the chance of donating, but there's a solution to that aswell: Being helpful. Yes, reporting rulebreakers basically. There's quite a quantity of people breaking the network's rules DAILY. Basically, what you can do, is provide moderators some proof of them misbehaving and this will basically make it. If you try enough, each accepted abuse report will get you an entry for the weekly 10 dollar coupons that they give away at the end of the week. Also there's people giving those away aswell, and what is 10 dollars on the network? A 1-month gold donor rank ownership, which would be sufficient to play on these servers!
It would be extremely awesome if some moderator could share my thoughts and bring the topic in the next staff meetings, I think that this idea could help the servers get a few more funds to actually get ran, as yes people, if running a server already requires money, imagine running a such big network like the MCGamer one.

Peace out bros, make sure to free your opinions in the comments below!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#TL;DR - These servers would be challenging but not to the point where people would tryhard the heck out of them, they'd just be fun to play (due to them not having any stats whatsoever), and a fun perk to have for donors and other people who worked so much to deserve some premium ranks. These would pretty much give people another reason to actually donate to the servers, as lifetime ranks are defenetely not cheap, but these would probably make that money a little more worth spending!

Last edited:

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
That's unfair doe ;(
No it's not, due to the servers not having any stats. They would be challenging but not to the point where people would tryhard the heck out of them, they'd just be fun to play, and a fun perk to have for donors.

N

Nikola

you stole my name and it looks good on you

ok

Anyway, I approve this thread. +1

jerffy

Experienced
Reaction score
"let's face it, usually people who donated arepeople who have bigger experience than other peopleon the network, as they've most likely spent more time,so they'll definitely know the maps, a variety of strategies etc..."

I'm sorry, but what? Just because someone spends money on a server doesn't mean they're more experienced than people who do not. I've been on the network for ~2 years (check my stats page if you do not believe it) and I'm still a non ranked player. Also, purchasing a rank is not called a donation, it's called a purchase of a product as MCGamer profits from the sale of their products.

Apart from the things I mentioned above, ranked servers simply do not work out. Mineplex used to have this idea in August 2014, and the ranked servers had no people playing on it. This would render these servers useless and therefore money wasted for MCGamer to make these servers.

No, I don't think this idea should be implemented.

Reaction score
"let's face it, usually people who donated arepeople who have bigger experience than other peopleon the network, as they've most likely spent more time,so they'll definitely know the maps, a variety of strategies etc..."

I'm sorry, but what? Just because someone spends money on a server doesn't mean they're more experienced than people who do not. I've been on the network for ~2 years (check my stats page if you do not believe it) and I'm still a non ranked player. Also, purchasing a rank is not called a donation, it's called a purchase of a product as MCGamer profits from the sale of their products.

Apart from the things I mentioned above, ranked servers simply do not work out. Mineplex used to have this idea in August 2014, and the ranked servers had no people playing on it. This would render these servers useless and therefore money wasted for MCGamer to make these servers.

you shouldve stayed mod you wouldve done a good job

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score

I said that usual donors do know stuff, there obviously are exceptions, hell yeah there are.
I used to be a non ranked person aswell, until I actually won this giveaway on twitter that MCG (MCSG at the time) was hosting...
By the way, thanks for sharing your ideas, I don't actually see non ranked people as "noobs" or anything, but usually, people with donor are a little more experienced than the -average- non ranked players.

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Don't bring this to the small au community. Thank you. Good tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member