• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donor changes

Easy/hard to code, and would it be a good idea? (Choose two)?

• No, too hard to code

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No, bad idea

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Yes, easy to code

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Yes, good idea

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Bardan

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree with donor privleges, but I think donors should only be able to oin after 30 seconds or so, because non-donors can't really get in at all any time after, so it would give them some time, and make the game more enjoyable for everyone. How? The non-donors it's obvious why, they can actually play! And donors wouldn't get spammed by noobs saying "donors r idiots u kicked my friend moron" stuff like that. So I think it would be a cool little thing to add.
If you were to have said donors couldn't join in the last 30 seconds of lobby I would've agreed with your idea, but keeping them from joining for the first 30 seconds seems pointless.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
If you were to have said donors couldn't join in the last 30 seconds of lobby I would've agreed with your idea, but keeping them from joining for the first 30 seconds seems pointless.
How so? It gives non-donors 30 seconds to join with no worries, but yes, I like your idea too, so donors can't kick last second.

Bardan

Tribute
Reaction score
How so? It gives non-donors 30 seconds to join with no worries, but yes, I like your idea too, so donors can't kick last second.
Well if donors can't kick for the last 30 seconds it makes it easier for non-donors to get in a game and also assures one member of a team won't get kicked and the other won't. And if a donor couldn't join the first 30 seconds he could just wait for the 30 seconds causing little difference.

mrcrafty1

Diamond
Reaction score
Nah I'd rather have the donor ability to stay as it is. MCSG won't get the proper funds from donors anymore because of this. Therefore this rule should not be implemented.

SuperGoatsCheese

Survivor
Reaction score
In my opinion, donors should have the same privileges as before, except perhaps a different writing colour eg: the same colour as their name.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I would recommend rewriting your original post, I thought it was what the above people thought until I saw you tell them otherwise.

I don't like this idea. Donors pay for the servers, and they deserve the right to join servers when they want to. It's kind of unfair to force them to join servers in the last 30 seconds. Then they can't do any of the parkours if they want to during the lobby, and they stand no chance of getting that diamond armour if they want to do that too.
It also makes it a lot harder for donors to play with their friends, because they only have a 30 second time period where they can join.

In addition, having donors only join in the last 30 seconds would give non-donors a false sense of security for the first 2 minutes of the lobby. And then it would be more painful when that flood of donors comes in during the last 30 seconds.

Also, 48 player servers have 4 minute lobbies. That gives them even less of a chance of joining.
And what about those big events on eu9001? Still only the last 30 seconds?

I understand your reason for wanting this, but I think it just makes it unfair and limits the donors too much.

Cool997

Survivor
Reaction score
If they can only join 30 seconds later, they're just going to kick someone out and take their place like normal. And I also agree with HalfSquirrel, he has a point.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
Not a very good idea, in my opinion. This wouldn't change anything, people would still be getting kicked. The only thing this seems to change is when the players get kicked, making them waste more time when they could be looking for another MCSG server to join that's almost in lobby.

mrcrafty1

Diamond
Reaction score
I would recommend rewriting your original post, I thought it was what the above people thought until I saw you tell them otherwise.

I don't like this idea. Donors pay for the servers, and they deserve the right to join servers when they want to. It's kind of unfair to force them to join servers in the last 30 seconds. Then they can't do any of the parkours if they want to during the lobby, and they stand no chance of getting that diamond armour if they want to do that too.
It also makes it a lot harder for donors to play with their friends, because they only have a 30 second time period where they can join.

In addition, having donors only join in the last 30 seconds would give non-donors a false sense of security for the first 2 minutes of the lobby. And then it would be more painful when that flood of donors comes in during the last 30 seconds.

Also, 48 player servers have 4 minute lobbies. That gives them even less of a chance of joining.
And what about those big events on eu9001? Still only the last 30 seconds?

I understand your reason for wanting this, but I think it just makes it unfair and limits the donors too much.
MCSG donors should be given the privileges of joining the servers still because they pay a ton of money each ten or three months. I definitely agree with you Half.

X920MikeyB

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm not a donor and I disagree with this. It has no logic, you will still get kicked for a donor when a server fills up. Besides we can't peanalise donors. They pay for us to play for free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci