• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donators and AFK peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Just come up with another couple of ideas after posting about Hackers already :D People may have already talked about these things but I thought I mays well put my own input in.

I think having donators is great, it gives you guys a way to keep the servers going etc. But I think it should perhaps be set up as kicking the person who has played the most games that day rather than the last person to join when a donator gets online. This would give people a better chance of getting to play if they haven't got on all day.

Secondly, I do believe that something should be set up that if someone is AFK for 10 minutes they should automatically be kicked, I don't know if this would stop ghosts or not but its just and idea. Personally I find the server restarts after every game a bit of a bummer. In my opinion they greatly reduce your chance of playing. Now you only have a split second chance of getting into the server whereas before if you joined mid game and had the patience to wait it out you would get in. The server restart also limits your chance of being able to play with your friends as, from my experience, there is always someone who doesn't get into the game at server restart.

Just a couple of ideas I hope people will take into consideration :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I completely agree with the donator suggestion. I have already suggested something similar, but nobody liked the idea. This also makes more sense than my idea, so I completely agree. I would still be mad about getting kicked, but I would be satisfied with the amount of games I played. (Assuming I played a lot to be kicked by a donor) A problem is that if you just joined a server in the morning on a weekend and played a couple games (e.g. 4 games) then came back a couple hours later and everyone there was playing their 1-2nd game today. Maybe the person that played the most games without more than a 10 minute break in between each? Also this would probably have to be implemented after the ghost issue is fixed. In addition, the count would reset every 12 hours so that it actually makes sense :D

The kicking of AFK tributes has been suggested many times. This would not help with the ghost problem, as ghosts are players that left but the system didn't recognize it. So they aren't actually in the game, and there is really no player to kick. You will just have to wait a couple more days for the update (I don't know how long it will be, just assuming it's not gonna be weeks) and the ghosting issue will be fixed. If that was your only reason for wanting an AFK kick, then that's all I'm gonna say. If it was also just for AFK people (not ghosts) then here is my reasoning:

AFK people are normally spectators that are AFK but don't want to leave the server. They are waiting for the next game to come so they don't have to rejoin next game. They are only AFK because they are doing something more interesting.
With AFK tributes, there is always the chance that it will kick someone that's doing really well, but got stuck in a 1 block wide trap. This would completely ruin there chance of winning, if they had that chance.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Everything you've said there sounds completely fair and I didn't think about the AFK spectators at all so that completely makes the kicking AFK people out of the question really for me as well. I should've thought through the AFK thing a lot more, it would spoil lots of surprise endings etc. as well!

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
To be honest i would prefer a random system of kicking so everyone has an equal chance of getting kicked for a donor.

As for afk people, afk spec do no harm at all, and afk tributes are fun because they go afk and then you find them and kill them for free points. Oddly enough some one went afk with great gear at the middle of corn and i was able to kill him with ease because of it and go on to win my first game because of it. Also in a rare game where i was in a us server i was doing something and forgot about the game as it start only to find out no one thought to kill me, there were a crap ton of afkers in spawn at the time so i boosted my scor up a ton of points because of those afk people. Please note the last example was just before the ghosting problem was seriously ruining games. :D

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
A random system would be fine for me too, I would just prefer Sidera's idea. I don't like having just gotten on a game and then get kicked, but I do like donors.

heningen

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with OmniFlare simply because AFK players = Free points and they dont run away when I come :D
And the random kicking system is a good idea because so what if you are doing good? should you be punished for that?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You don't get kicked if you are doing good in the games, you get kicked if you have played a lot of them in the set time period. The point isn't that you get kicked for WINNING a lot of games, but for PLAYING a lot of games. Sorry if that wasn't clarified.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I've only seen a suggestion that was even similar to this 1 time, and I was the one that made it. I've seen posts about donors having their kick privilege removed, and other things like that, but never something like this.

tpgkevin

Tribute
Reaction score
i do not want a randome system, what if you get kicked when you were first one in. What if ur teamate gets kicked...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
i do not want a randome system, what if you get kicked when you were first one in. What if ur teamate gets kicked...
It's not saying to kick the first person that got in. It's kicking the person that has played the most games in the set time period. So if you got in first and you have played 3 games in the time period, then someone else comes in after you and he has played 5, then the person that played 5 will get kicked. I wouldn't mind this, because to have enough games to get kicked by a donor would probably mean I have played a lot and should be happy with the games I played.

Also, your team mate can get kicked no matter what we pick so that's not really bad.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Its just some of the stuff you say sounds more hostile than just making your opinion heard like telling people to go out and earn money so they can be donators, I think your idea sucks, Stop whining, You are really irritating me.

You could literally just have said 'I disagree with this, in my opinion it is unnecessary and the current system is fine!'
I agree, I have stopped saying this though because it tends to start big arguments that are really a waste of my time.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
@ stijn: I've seen several of your posts now, and I have noticed that most of them have a rather rude tone to them, whether intended or not. I'm just telling you this for your information, and suggest a more careful choice of word in the future. :p

Anywho, that is all I wanted say, so good luck and have fun with your future games! :D

tpgkevin: How is a teammate or being first in and getting kick more unfair than just getting into a game and getting kicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci