• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in free will and why?

Vacule

Experienced
Reaction score
you can make any choices that you want it just depends on how hard you will be punished for how far you are willing to push your free will

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I'm just curious
Since you said you don't think anyone here knows what they are talking about, it would seem logical for you to say why or something. But if you don't want to that's okay. :/

I have a feeling you don't think we really have any control over our decisions or lives, just a guess. ;)
To put it simply; take a look at the law of attraction. What you want (realistically) and work toward achieving, you can get. Therefore you affect your own actions. Whether our actions are altered by an outside force is answered in how we act. If we can do what we want and affect the environment around us, then we do have free will.

Watch Parallels (on Netflix), what you said reminded me of that movie since it's basically a compilation of a bunch of different worlds and parallel universes. Pretty cool but not very well put together, you could tell it was a kinda low budget movie but I still got a kick out of it :^)
Interesting, you believe in the law of attraction? I've never met someone else who did! I watched a video about it in psychology and to me it seemed ridiculous, but I think if the video had portrayed the idea a little better, with more reliable info, it would have made more sense. It also called the law of attraction "the secret." (It made it sound elusive) It only used personal experience and stuff, why is mainly why I didn't buy it.

But looking back on it, if you take out the more philosophical/wacky ideas associated with it, the law of attraction seems to be a good idea to base your life off of. I now believe it because I think our thoughts subconsciously shape our actions, not because there is some universal consciousness that draws alike things together. :p

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Interesting, you believe in the law of attraction? I've never met someone else who did! I watched a video about it in psychology and to me it seemed ridiculous, but I think if the video had portrayed the idea a little better, with more reliable info, it would have made more sense. It also called the law of attraction "the secret." (It made it sound elusive) It only used personal experience and stuff, why is mainly why I didn't buy it.
I wouldn't say I fully "believe" in the law of attraction but the underlying points are good. Basically if you put your mind to something and are determined to do it, you can. And yeah lol I saw "the secret" in Health class. It's a bit silly but there were some points of the documentary that I could understand/believe were reasonable :p

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Let me briefly eviscerate your arguments.
Interesting, you believe in the law of attraction? I've never met someone else who did! I watched a video about it in psychology
I really hope you are not learning that in a real class.

I now believe it because I think our thoughts subconsciously shape our actions, not because there is some universal consciousness that draws alike things together. :p
That's why all of those people are starving in Africa - none of them are thinking of food hard enough. Therefore, wanting it bad enough is all you need.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Let me briefly eviscerate your arguments.
I really hope you are not learning that in a real class.

That's why all of those people are starving in Africa - none of them are thinking of food hard enough. Therefore, wanting it bad enough is all you need.
It actually was a real class believe it or not, and I was disappointed after watching it. But after discussing it, there are some parts that may be useful. (However, if I was the teacher, I would have shown something with more educational merit.)

And no, I don't believe the whole thing, only parts of it. (Some parts of it, as I stated, are completely ridiculous.) I don't believe the law of attraction can solve any problem, but it can help you fulfill your dreams. And by "law of attraction," I only mean thinking and focusing on dreams and wants in order to have a slightly higher chance of obtaining them. I agree it is not sufficient to solve problems like global starvation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci