• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Discrimination in the community.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
Discrimination happens but I don't think it happens as much as it used to happen. People are coming a lot more sensitive and taking things that aren't even racist and calling them racist. Great thread with some great points.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
I think it's important to recognise the fact that everyone in mcgamer community (mods, admins even, etc) have probably in some way done something rude or offensive that has upset someone.
In some way, I would generalise and say that toxicity is in all of us. In trying to make it better, hopefully it will improve but some people never change as you have said here bowzer.

Unfortunately, this may be a longstanding issue, but I can see an improvement possible. If we are all apart of this community, we are all responsible I some way.
Tbh i dont think it really happens in this community because half the people dont know what eachothers races are.

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
Discrimination happens but I don't think it happens as much as it used to happen. People are coming a lot more sensitive and taking things that aren't even racist and calling them racist. Great thread with some great points.
That is definitely truth in that aspect, but keep in mind that discrimination isn't solely regarding things like racial slurs, jokes, etc. It includes discriminating people due to their religion, sexuality, morals, etc. From the 'racism' side of things, that has definitely lowered. It used to be soooo bad. I mean, it still occurs today, but definitely not as bad.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
Tbh i dont think it really happens in this community because half the people dont know what eachothers races are.
I've seen the 'n' word dropped a lot and just words like 'ranga' are used a lot too. To me, racism seems very disgusting and you're lucky if you haven't seen anyone on mcsg say racist slurs :)

fexr

District 13
Reaction score

That is definitely truth in that aspect, but keep in mind that discrimination isn't solely regarding things like racial slurs, jokes, etc. It includes discriminating people due to their religion, sexuality, morals, etc. From the 'racism' side of things, that has definitely lowered. It used to be soooo bad. I mean, it still occurs today, but definitely not as bad.
Yeah. I forgot about the whole religion side. That happens still but over the internet and in community, i rarely see it. But if it does happen, normally a mod will take care of it.

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
I've seen the 'n' word dropped a lot and just words like 'ranga' are used a lot too. To me, racism seems very disgusting and you're lucky if you haven't seen anyone on mcsg say racist slurs :)
Some racist slurs like the 'n' word are used by people who grow up in that type of community(MOST OF THE TIME). It's not okay to come on here and call other people that, but since other people are accustomed to different worldviews, they might not know that it is a bad slur.

Reaction score
I think as bad as it is it will be hard to ever stop, People behind a keyboard instantly feel more powerful and will say whatever they want regardless of the effects to other people.

Hound

Platinum
Reaction score
whenever u call someone a "n" word as an insult just remember you have a small Inappropriate body part on a male..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci