• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Different (better i think) Sponsoring system

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, this is a good idea.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No, this is a bad idea.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Good, but needs some work.

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a more fair way of the sponsoring system.
For example, every time you win a match you get your kill points and such, but you also get 3 golden apples (or other number). They arent in your inventory, but by doing /records you can check how many you are free to give to other players. Once you win the game and get a couple of these, you can send these to the tributes when you become a spectator. That way it's only by being a winner that you can become a sponsor.

This could also be an add on to the Support Message idea posted a couple days ago, where you can send a message to a tribute saying " ______ is rooting for you!" or whatever. Instead of just sending it to them, you send it to them with a golden apple! That would also fix the problem of being able to spam a player, in a better way than just being able to say it once.

EDIT: Maybe there should be a time limit for it. You can only send this golden apple within 1 minute of the sponsor refill. I know this would nerf some big teams, but it's only for that 1 minute. And whoever has the cornucopia is already getting nerfed with all those chests there.
Also, maybe each person can only get one sponsorship per night. (in game)

ANOTHER EDIT: Maybe you should be able to get mob spawning eggs, so something like 2 golden apples and one random spawn egg from the main few mobs (spider, skeleton, creeper, zombie). You wouldn't be able to spawn these in punching range of a zombie, so you could only spawn them at least 5-10 blocks away from the tribute(s)

PLEASE REPLY TO EDIT IN ADDITION!

I know this is in the No No Suggestions. I still think it's a good idea though.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
I like it. Nice and simple, and you'd only be helping them in the way of food. Maybe help out the underdogs and such. I don't know if it'll happen, but it's a well-thought, good idea.

sovca

Tribute
Reaction score
This still helps out those that are in teams, meaning it's a bad idea.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That will make teams even more powerfull, don't like that :p

cookieman768

Spectator
Reaction score
This is pretty balenced if you ask me. Although if it is to OP (Over Powered) they would nerf it in some ways.

RansomHD

Survivor
Reaction score
if you made it one sponsorship every 24 hrs it would stop the team problem or at least make them think twice about wasting there one sponsorship a day

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is pretty balenced if you ask me. Although if it is to OP (Over Powered) they would nerf it in some ways.
Thanks! Good to have a mod's support! I thought I should try to make this topic more known, because when I made it I only got a couple of replies and votes on it.

if you made it one sponsorship every 24 hrs it would stop the team problem or at least make them think twice about wasting there one sponsorship a day
Thanks for the idea! I have edited it to what I think seems fit!

Mick

Spectator
Reaction score
Such an awesome idea.
Maybe not just golden apples, but possibly a selection, like maybe a weapon, some ammo, fishing rod, some food, or whatever :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Such an awesome idea.
Maybe not just golden apples, but possibly a selection, like maybe a weapon, some ammo, fishing rod, some food, or whatever :)
A selection would be really unfair, which is why I didn't say it. A fishing rod wouldn't be awful, but weapons, ammo, armour and other wouldn't be very fair. Different foods though is fine I think. However if it is food, it should be only things that heal either 2.5 + hunger (so bread/cooked fish - stew/cooked steak/cooked pork), with the addition of golden apples of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci